Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: HK USP 45--Nearly Flawless Gauntlet Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Thanks guys, that's pretty much what I always understood about G21s. Just the way he said "rep of being the worst gun Glock makes" made it sound like some well known reputation for issues. I would have thought I'd have heard of such a rep if there was one, but stranger things have happened.

But anyways, back on track... this thread does have me thinking about reacquiring a USP 45 full size. Had one long ago, but this thread and GJM field gun thread have me kinda missing it. Of course the G21 thread has me thinking about those as well. Never owned one but shot a couple over the years and rather enjoyed them. I'll have my reloading setup rolling in the near future, and that will make 45s an option for me once again. But at factory prices, no way.
    IÂ’ve had a USP45 since around 1996/1997 and a USP40 since 2005. I find the tigger pull of the USP series to suit me better than the P30. The USP has about half of the rest and pretravel as my P30s and none of the overtravel. As IÂ’ve mentioned in other threads, all that pretravel on the P30 causes me to stage the trigger unless IÂ’m consciously thinking about pulling completely through the trigger motion. Even then IÂ’ll get a WTF dropped flincher every couple of mags with a P30. Moreover, the long reset makes me feel like IÂ’m waiting for it, and sometimes I short stroke it by initiating my pull before the reset. I have none of those problems with the USP carried cocked and locked which posts FAST Drill times comparable to a Glock. Yes, itÂ’s big and bulky. Yes, the light attachment options suck. But truth be told, a USP45 is among the few 45ACP handguns that I would be comfortable being issued in the sandbox if I was still doing that for a living.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    It’s one guy’s opinion - a guy with a lot of financial ties to the gun industry that may or may not influence his publicly stated opinions.

The G21 has been issued to numerous agencies that have run them hard with good results. It is exceedingly accurate and very reliable.
    My 21 has been extremely reliable, soft shooting, and superbly accurate. The only thing bad I can say about it is it's FAT!!!

I imagine most here are aware of the thread from the guy who put 200,000 rounds through his 21, not to mention ran it over, dropped it from the air, drug it behind a car, even shot it with a .22??

Isn't the whole Glock 21 thing relative? It's like saying the Wilson 47D is the worst mag Wilson makes. The 47D is a pretty good mag, but it's not as good as the ETM line-up, and the regular 47 uses the same tube with 7 rounds, a better follower, and better spring.

Glock makes a lot of good guns, but does anybody remember the early G21SF guns that had problems with their mag button/catch, that basically self disassembled themselves? If you had to pick a "worst Glock", other than the G21, what would you choose, the G22?

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Isn't the whole Glock 21 thing relative? It's like saying the Wilson 47D is the worst mag Wilson makes. The 47D is a pretty good mag, but it's not as good as the ETM line-up, and the regular 47 uses the same tube with 7 rounds, a better follower, and better spring.

Glock makes a lot of good guns, but does anybody remember the early G21SF guns that had problems with their mag button/catch, that basically self disassembled themselves? If you had to pick a "worst Glock", other than the G21, what would you choose, the G22?
    I've thought the G36 was the leader in that category. Both the G22 and G21 have been wildly successful, justified detractors notwithstanding.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    It’s one guy’s opinion - a guy with a lot of financial ties to the gun industry that may or may not influence his publicly stated opinions.

The G21 has been issued to numerous agencies that have run them hard with good results. It is exceedingly accurate and very reliable.
    Indiana State Police ditched Glock after repeated failures of the Glock 21 at low round counts. About 1k. Mushrooming strikers, rumors of other issues but I couldn't pin down anyone on specifics. They went to P227.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Indiana State Police ditched Glock after repeated failures of the Glock 21 at low round counts. About 1k. Mushrooming strikers, rumors of other issues but I couldn't pin down anyone on specifics. They went to P227.
    As I recall, they were early Gen 4 pistols? I also seem to be remembering issues with early model 41 pistols. Most would agree Glocks in 9mm are what made the company and the reputation of the Glock pistol.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Glock 36, probably.

Site Supporter
    I'm not really into Glocks. Like, at all. But I always thought the Glock 36 was cool. But it seems to have a less-than-stellar rep for reliability. And the one time I shot one... it choked.

That said, most compact 45s I've had have choked: P245s, Beretta Cougar, Smith 4516.

And now... to come full circle... back to HK...

The HK45c and the HK USPc 45 were the only compact 45s I've owned that I felt were utterly reliable. Good job, HK. Too bad neither really fit me though--I shot all the less reliable guns better. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    They went to P227.
    An unrelated question but are there any awesome dudes shooting P227's at all? I almost forget it's a gun Sig makes.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    An unrelated question but are there any awesome dudes shooting P227's at all? I almost forget it's a gun Sig makes.
    Dunno. I traded my only one for another P220. The expensive mags and fatter grip weren't worth two more rounds for me. If I'm going to go double stack, ill stay with P226.

User Tag List