Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do Decide What Kind Of Ammunition To Buy ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I do not buy Winchester ammunition anymore after having multiple problems with their ammunition, and reading posts here by many others who suggest that this is a systematic problem attributable to Winchester QC.
    Since I started this thread I have decided that if Winchester feels that my Non Law Enforcement status makes me unworthy to purchase their self defense ammunition they must not need any of my business.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    They're all about the same. I didn't say "equal", but about the same. Pick one and don't worry about it. Bad guys won't know the difference.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Since I started this thread I have decided that if Winchester feels that my Non Law Enforcement status makes me unworthy to purchase their self defense ammunition they must not need any of my business.
    My issues with there ammo were with their Law Enforcement marked 147gr RA9T and "Purple box" 180gr FMJ (latter being federal LE contract overrun)
    Last edited by Nephrology; 10-16-2017 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    That won't stop some from piping in........
    Ah, we're all delusional to varying degrees. It's a human brain thang. That being said, the Dunning-Kruger effect is a rather nefarious reality.

Besides, people chiming in and having their ideas dismantled is a positive - at least for those others reading.

If someone is of the opinion that I'm full of shit I'd certainly prefer that someone to point that out and and tell me why. Others may benefit from that exchange as well.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Banned
    I've decided on Speer Gold Dot 124 grain. (Not +P because the place I get it from doesn't have it.). Ammoman has it for 35 buck for a box of 50 and if I combine it with a bulk order shipping is free.
    Last edited by Cypher; 10-16-2017 at 03:02 PM.

I'm completely unqualified and my methodology is pretty simple. I got on Facebeast and sent a PM to Pax/Cornered Cat and asked her what's in your gun right now.
    There are a lot worse ways to go about it.

I will say I am disappointed that we haven't had one of those over the top idiotic replies yet. People must be sitting on their hands.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Site Supporter
    My methodology is to trust what DocGKR posts on the subject, figure out what works in my guns, and is available. And I prefer subsonic, so 147gr HST is what I buy.

Site Supporter
    I've decided on Speer Gold Dot 124 grain. (Not +P because the place I get it from doesn't have it.). Ammoman has it for 35 buck for a box of 50 and if I combine it with a bulk order shipping is free.
    You might want to shop around a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    My methodology is to trust what DocGKR posts on the subject, figure out what works in my guns, and is available. And I prefer subsonic, so 147gr HST is what I buy.
    That sums it up for me as well. I carried whatever hollowpoints that ran well that I could buy in reasonable bulk and at a decent price - until I ran across Doc's chart here. No need to reinvent the wheel unless there is some unique necessity. I do like HST 147 +P's in shorter barrels. Don't know if that changes anything with expansion, but they definitely land where I expect them to.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    You might want to shop around a bit.
    If the CFOWMBO says Ammoman is the best deal, Ammoman is the best deal. My couch isn't comfortable

User Tag List