Thread: Anyone own an Alex Pro Firearms AR-15?

Anyone own an Alex Pro Firearms AR-15?

Title says it all. Anyone got one? Our Armorer staff decided to buy some of these for patrol rifles (11.5” of some sort). I came out and test fired one this summer when they came out and did a demo, but we really didn’t run them through the ringer. Not a big fan of being a beta tester. My written proposal was for Colt 6933s. Since I’m not an armorer, my opinion really didn’t matter apparently. If anyone has a horror story, let me hear it. Maybe I can still get them to change their minds.
    Last edited by Lon; 10-15-2017 at 06:47 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I can think of a lot of reasons why a small PD is would adopt a service rifle from a poorly vetted manufacturer...none of them are very good. I lump these decisions in with things like face tattoos and dating hair dressers named Amber - they are usually made by people without a 5-year plan.

I don’t care how many people on forums think that they are the best thing since sliced bread. The fact remains that they have no real track record. There is no reason for an agency to look beyond Colt, BCM, DD, LMT, KAC, and maybe S&W (they get handgun / carbine deals).
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I can think of a lot of reasons why a small PD is would adopt a service rifle from a poorly vetted manufacturer...none of them are very good. I lump these decisions in with things like face tattoos and dating hair dressers named Amber - they are usually made by people without a 5-year plan.

I don’t care how many people on forums think that they are the best thing since sliced bread. The fact remains that they have no real track record. There is no reason for an agency to look beyond Colt, BCM, DD, LMT, KAC, and maybe S&W (they get handgun / carbine deals).
    You're preaching to the choir. I really like almost every aspect of my agency. We are very progressive in most things. Except our firearms. When we were looking at new guns in '13 I said, "Sig isn't the company they once were, let's look at other options". Fell on deaf ears. Then we had 6 of the new 226s shit the bed (out of 30). Now this. I'm afraid it's gonna be another "I told you so" moment.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Never heard of them before, but looking at a couple of different 5.56 guns on their site makes it apparent they are not a quality rifle. Wrong barrel steel, no staking on castle nut, and backwards crush washers are the things that stand out just from their marketing pics and descriptions. I hate it for you and your guys.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Pretty much the only thing you can do now is push for as much range time as possible and try to break them so the people making the decisions can see they screwed up. Either that or make sure everything is staked properly and hope for the best.

User Tag List