Thread: M&P 2.0 compact sight help please

M&P 2.0 compact sight help please

I’ve read just about all the sight threads on the forum. I’m no expert and would like some help from some you who are a little more knowledgeable. I’m trying to outfit the new 2.0 compact with a set of sights. I prefer a front in the .125 thickness range with a rear in the .145 range. I’m also looking for an all black rear with bright front and tritium dot. I love the sights on the PX4 CC. I’ve looked very hard at Ameriglos. Of course they are all .140 front and .160 rear. I do like their square front more than the dot but I’d take the dot if I could get it .125. I even looked at installing a Wilson/Vickers Battlesight rear and a Trijicon HD XR front. Widths are almost perfect at .122 front and rear of .145. Unfortunately Wilson says the front needs to be .165 tall and the HD XR front is .185 tall. I couldn’t find anything for a 10-8 rear and HD Xr front so I have no clue if that would work. For what it’s worth I prefer to use the top of my front sight post vs driving the dot. That’s probably why I like Ameriglo’s square instead of dot front. I’ve tried the painting of the front sights on Wilson and 10-8’s before and I just don’t have a steady enough hand to paint the front and not cover the tritium vial. How high/low would I be using an HD XR front with a Wilson rear, or 10-8 rear? I’m guessing I just have to bite the bullet and run the .140 front/.160 rear Aneriglo’s unless I’m missing something. Voodoo man, GJM, et al. I could use your help please.
    Last edited by Papalapa; 10-15-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Sounds like what you want are Dawson Precision sights. They happen to have an M&P black serrated rear with a .145" notch and a tritium front .125" wide.

https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-p...-front-sights/
    https://dawsonprecision.com/s-w-m-p-...k-rear-sights/

For the front you're going to want the .180" T x .125" W option.
    For the rear you're going to want the .245" T x .145" W option.

Thanks

User Tag List