Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help putting a trauma bag together?

Great thread! My recommendation is to find a bag and train with it, e.g. run around with it, see how it works under physical exertion, a little stress, etc. My personal thing is that I need a med bag that I can strap/sling/clip to me so I can be hands free and have access to all the necessities and not block other gear on my belt or whatever. I recently bought our entire office the NAR Squad bags that can be strapped on fanny pack style and are clipped behind the driver headrest in their vehicles. I have one of those Vertx sling bags work gave me that's now a trauma kit in my personal vehicle, so it can be slung and I can roll it forward to get to stuff. Other people don't need this hands free consideration, which is fine, but it only makes sense to feel it out first.

Help putting a trauma bag together?

John Lovell (Warrior Poet Society) just has a decent video with a former CAG medic on this topic. It's a little long, but he had some good insights, I'll see if I can find the link. The guy was actually on the board for TCCC.

ETA - https://youtu.be/klLaLBUDwnw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 10-22-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heyscooter View Post
    Great thread! My recommendation is to find a bag and train with it, e.g. run around with it, see how it works under physical exertion, a little stress, etc. My personal thing is that I need a med bag that I can strap/sling/clip to me so I can be hands free and have access to all the necessities and not block other gear on my belt or whatever. I recently bought our entire office the NAR Squad bags that can be strapped on fanny pack style and are clipped behind the driver headrest in their vehicles. I have one of those Vertx sling bags work gave me that's now a trauma kit in my personal vehicle, so it can be slung and I can roll it forward to get to stuff. Other people don't need this hands free consideration, which is fine, but it only makes sense to feel it out first.
    Good use for the Vertx sling bag. Are you using the Vertx molle adapter panels that velcro inside to mount pouches, or what?

5.11 makes a dedicated bag in this style now, the UCR Slingpack. Sort of a combination between the NAR Squad Bag and the Vertx slingbag, you could say.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

It's a hodge podge of whatever hook and loop backed pockets I found at the office, or smaller pouches that have a hook and loop back. The bag is small enough that everyone stays in place, and it's filled to likely handle 2 patients. To go bigger would be a pain for carrying around, although I've seen bags that can also handle 2+ patients and are just as big. TSSI's M9 comes to mind.

Statpacks makes a variety of bags for EMS folks: http://statpacks.com/product/g3-medslinger-emt-pack/

When I was buying for our small volunteer fire department, we had good luck with the "LA Rescue" brand from EMP. Not high-end stuff, but fine for the limited use it got. https://www.buyemp.com/category/la-rescue-gear-bags
    Last edited by peterb; 10-23-2017 at 07:20 PM.

User Tag List