Page 66 of 250 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Pets!

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    Dogs would make totally incompetent criminals. If you could somehow get a group of dogs to understand the concept of the Kennedy assassination, they would all immediately confess to it. Whereas you'll never see a cat display any kind of guilty behavior, despite the fact that several cats were seen in Dallas on the grassy knoll area, not that I wish to start rumors.. - Dave Barry
    So true!
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

#RESIST

Awesome, ll. My gsd pup is still herding the boys around, but she's learning not to nip their heels.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Ha! Hey, Freyja would happily sleep outside in this stuff, too, and I've got no criticism as long as it's not extended periods of time without shelter. In fact Freyja ran outside, played in the snow, and laid right down this morning. Kimberly and I just stared at her but she loves it.
    My brother's Siberian Husky is 100% outdoors. One of his neighbors called animal services on him. They laughed when they came to investigate, because it's a Husky and I guess the neighbor didn't really grasp that whole capable of living in -75* thing. That's like calling animal services for putting a lizard on a hot rock. I'd feel bad for the dog just because he's all alone in the back yard, but he's also a rescue with permanent brain damage from seizures....so let's just say he's on the short end of the genetic totem pole, and isn't very.....acute. Great dog, even though you can tell his memory resets about every 3 seconds.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

We are diminished
    FWIW I completely understand that my concern over "outside dogs" is emotional and irrational. Plenty of people keep their dogs that way. I just understand enough about dogs' social needs that it makes me feel bad for the dog. TGS, I'm sure your brother's dog is a thousand times better off where he is and with that family then he would have been without them.

We have always had a lot of working dogs that live outside with the cattle and they prefer it. My grandpa use to laugh at how hard I would try to make them inside dogs. My personal dogs that have grown up being inside dogs do not like sleeping outside and will cry all night.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    What's that little girl doing to that poor little dog?
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    What's that little girl doing to that poor little dog?
    Tickle fighting....you can't see that?

This our vicious beast.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Tickle fighting....you can't see that?
    Clearly the poor puppy is crying out for mercy.

Hehehe - very cute pic.

User Tag List