Page 229 of 250 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2494

Thread: Pets!

We don't have a fenced yard so Bombur doesn't get enough outside time, especially when Daylight Savings (may it be damned to a thousand hells) nixes the daily after work dog park trips. But, because my wife is clever, we found a solution.

Snow + check cord + ball = he's not going anywhere and can safely play in the grassy area between house rows. He's loving it, and will love it more when it's not -20 windchill and we can stay out longer.

Name:  IMG_1378.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  62.3 KB

Merry Christmas!!! 🎄

Name:  918A9CEC-BDEB-4A23-803B-783C508CF5C7.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  67.4 KB

Name:  houndboy_head.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  47.6 KB

Hey, um....what's a Gerbil?
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    We don't have a fenced yard so Bombur doesn't get enough outside time, especially when Daylight Savings (may it be damned to a thousand hells) nixes the daily after work dog park trips. But, because my wife is clever, we found a solution.

Snow + check cord + ball = he's not going anywhere and can safely play in the grassy area between house rows. He's loving it, and will love it more when it's not -20 windchill and we can stay out longer.

Name:  IMG_1378.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  62.3 KB

My dog is a heeler, collie, mut mix that showed up as a puppy almost three years ago. She LOVES the cold weather. Wants to be outside even in brutal cold conditions, especially if there is snow. I am somewhat surprised because she doesn’t have the heavy coat that my golden retriever had.

In the summer, ten minutes of outside play and she’s done. Hates the heat.

You have a good looking dog that looks like a lot of fun.

Name:  IMG_8227.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  19.9 KBName:  IMG_8223.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  23.4 KB

Cleo is the smaller cat with the white. She's our inside/outside cat that we've had for a few years.

The big yellow cat has been named Beef by the kids. He's a feral cat and we're one of his stops. About 4 weeks ago he showed up with a big wound on his back. He might be around for a couple days and then be gone for days. We don't know where else he goes but he hasn't missed any meals. We watched the wound but it wasn't healing. My wife talked to the vet and they said any time we could catch him, just bring him in and they would take care of him. We did and they did the whole procedure with neuter, shots, tests etc.

When we brought him home from the vet, he stayed inside until the anesthesia wore off and then he wanted back outside. He spent the first really cold night this week outside but my wife lured him inside until it warms up. In a couple of days we'll see if he wants to be an inside/outside cat or go back to being feral.

Cleo was a stray too. They just show up at our house.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    My dog is a heeler, collie, mut mix that showed up as a puppy almost three years ago. She LOVES the cold weather. Wants to be outside even in brutal cold conditions, especially if there is snow. I am somewhat surprised because she doesn’t have the heavy coat that my golden retriever had.

In the summer, ten minutes of outside play and she’s done. Hates the heat.

You have a good looking dog that looks like a lot of fun.
    Very similar. He goes 20 minutes tops in any summer weather, and when it gets much above 80 I won’t take him to the park, period. This winter is the first time I’ve seen him flinch at cold, and we’ve had legitimately dangerous temps this week. Windchill got into the -40s. And for the most part he’d still stay out there if I let him.

He’s a ton of fun. He’s just an absolute handful at 100lb and he’s a typical overly exuberant Golden, but at just over a year he’s already showing initial signs of mellowing out a touch.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post

Cleo is the smaller cat with the white. She's our inside/outside cat that we've had for a few years.

The big yellow cat has been named Beef by the kids. He's a feral cat and we're one of his stops. About 4 weeks ago he showed up with a big wound on his back. He might be around for a couple days and then be gone for days. We don't know where else he goes but he hasn't missed any meals. We watched the wound but it wasn't healing. My wife talked to the vet and they said any time we could catch him, just bring him in and they would take care of him. We did and they did the whole procedure with neuter, shots, tests etc.

When we brought him home from the vet, he stayed inside until the anesthesia wore off and then he wanted back outside. He spent the first really cold night this week outside but my wife lured him inside until it warms up. In a couple of days we'll see if he wants to be an inside/outside cat or go back to being feral.

Cleo was a stray too. They just show up at our house.
    We had an orange cat just like Beef that adopted us. I’m sure he had other houses he’d visit because he’d disappear a couple day and the return to hang out.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    In a couple of days we'll see if he wants to be an inside/outside cat or go back to being feral.
    My wife decided that Beef is now an Outdoors cat. His indoor manners are quite atrocious. We kept him inside through the coldest nights but the weather is getting warmer and now Cleo feels safer.

Well...that happened. I accidentally talked myself into getting a cat from work. It's been at least 15 years since I have had a cat in the house.
    By default she is "Carol" I am told for the Brady bunch, but depending on her attitude I might lean more towards Tiger King or Walking dead.
    She has been very affectionate so far and is currently purring in my lap. No idea if I am keeping her long term or not.

Name:  20221231_070220.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  48.8 KB
    Name:  20221231_071117.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  51.1 KB

User Tag List