Page 209 of 250 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2494

Thread: Pets!

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    I lost my male lab puppy, named Colt last sunday. He was 15 months old. He got out near dusk and was hit by a car, which killed him instantly. Some of you guys got to meet him out at Revolver Round up. I was able to bury him out on the range we are setting up near where we are going to put in a stock pond for fishing and ducks, figure being a lab he would like that. My other lab, Sadie, is doing okay, but the first couple days without her buddy was hard on her. I wasn't too happy either, but doing better now I guess. You don't really realize how much a animal means to you until it is gone I suppose.

Eventually I'm going to get another, because at this point I really can image not having dogs in my life and I don't think Sadie is going to do as well long term as a only dog. Not sure how soon though.

Some of the last pictures I have of Colt.

Attachment 80891

Attachment 80892

He was a good boy...
    So terrible.
    Sorry for your loss.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

rcbusmc24 so very sorry.

Sorry for your loss. I don't know which is worse, loosing one suddenly or slowly to age/disease.

Life is better with dogs in it.

Name:  IfYoureLucky.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  54.2 KB

Aw man...
    Reinforces my fear for when I take Cami to the groomer, it is on a busy five lane state route. She is pretty obedient these days and OK on the leash, but really doesn't like getting her monthly bath and sometimes balks at the door. I am always glad when she is in the shop and I happy when she is back in the truck.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

rcbusmc24, so sorry to hear this.

I really should take more rides with my boys. Here’s one on a ride just after eating a French fry.

Name:  40B126C9-16CD-463B-AE40-ECEA7B52738C.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  63.1 KB

Bombur arrived late yesterday - schedule issues pushed the arrival back a bit.

He’s settling in very well. He’s taken to his crate as a safe nap spot and not a punishment to avoid, he’s already getting consistent with “come here” commands and responding to his name, house training is going well, and he slept ok last night latched in his crate once the wife and I decided to just sleep nearby on an air mattress. We’ll work on gradually moving farther away until he’s OK with us being in our separate bedroom, but I’m fine with the concession to help him get over separation from the litter.

Lots of progress for, as of now, less than 24 hours. We’re taking it slow on training while he adjusts v but he’s picking up what we do decide to ask of him. He’s clearly very intelligent, so I’m optimistic.

Name:  09FF6BC0-2758-412A-B626-2D9A45807E10.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  29.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    I lost my male lab puppy, named Colt last sunday. He was 15 months old. He got out near dusk and was hit by a car, which killed him instantly. Some of you guys got to meet him out at Revolver Round up. I was able to bury him out on the range we are setting up near where we are going to put in a stock pond for fishing and ducks, figure being a lab he would like that. My other lab, Sadie, is doing okay, but the first couple days without her buddy was hard on her. I wasn't too happy either, but doing better now I guess. You don't really realize how much a animal means to you until it is gone I suppose.

Eventually I'm going to get another, because at this point I really can image not having dogs in my life and I don't think Sadie is going to do as well long term as a only dog. Not sure how soon though.

Some of the last pictures I have of Colt.

Attachment 80891

Attachment 80892

He was a good boy...
    Dang it, so sorry to hear that. Hang in there….

Smack dab in the middle of flyover country
    I am so very sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Attachment 76750

Our daughter lives a little over an hour away. Thursday night she drove down to spend the night and drop off her dog as she and her husband were going away for the weekend. Friday morning she was going to drive my mother-in-law to an appointment before heading to where her husband was. When my MIL pulled up, my daughter heard cat sounds from her own car and found this kitten in the engine compartment. She left her car keys for me to try to remove it when I got home.
    There isn’t much room in the little cars engine compartment and I couldn’t reach in and get it. I had to put the car up on ramps and wait til my daughter got back with some cat food. It came down close enough she was able to grab it. We got her fed and cleaned up. I just can’t believe she survived the trip and then the night in the car and wasn’t injured. My daughter said she had seen the kitten in the area before leaving her house. She’s on her way home with it now, hopefully someone is looking for it.
    Nobody in her neighborhood seemed to have been looking for the kitten. We babysat it until they got back from their trip. They have had it since. My son-in-law didn’t want another pet but now he seems pretty attached to it. It gets along with their dog and their older cat.

Name:  FD3CEC06-2F0A-4DCC-B12A-FB45AD91FF65.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  42.8 KB

User Tag List