Page 18 of 250 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Pets!

Good looking Mal there Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

my cat, relaxing on my range bag while I dry fire.

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Good looking Mal there Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thx !!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Thx !!
    If you get the chance head over to http://malforum.com. You'll see some familiar faces there.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    out of all of the gun webb sites I have seen; I have never seen a thread like this that has gone this long. I have to say it brings a smile to my face to see all the happy animals. we do love our pets and it show, we just need to support and promote laws that reflect that they are not JUST animals but part of us
    Respectfully disagree. My dog is a tactical asset. If she was sacrificed for the families security I would be on the phone that night and have another one the next day. Laws that say she is not just an animal probably wouldn't see eye to eye with my philosophy and the manner in which an animal must be trained to reach that level of competence..

Respectfully disagree. My dog is a tactical asset. If she was sacrificed for the families security I would be on the phone that night and have another one the next day. Laws that say she is not just an animal probably wouldn't see eye to eye with my philosophy and the manner in which an animal must be trained to reach that level of competence..
    Yup. Love my Mal but he's a dog and people are people. Might be my rural upbringing....... Glad to see you here, Brian.
    #RESIST

I couldn't agree more. First and foremost his job is to protect my family no matter what the cost. We love, cuddle, feed and take care of him but at the end of the day his job is to be a protector and he's damn good at it.

We are diminished
    If we had no dog and I was the one that "went in first" to save my wife, does that make me not a member of the family and just a tactical asset?

I'm not sure why it's an either/or thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I'm not sure why it's an either/or thing.
    I reread my post and don't think I made myself very clear. Our dog is both part of our family and protector. His primary purpose is different in everyone's eyes. My 17 month old sees him as his buddy, punching bag and furry torture victim and my wife sees him as a cuddly, snuggly dog who is also very protective and she's comforted by his presence. In my opinion his primary function is being a defender of our family and being a loving pet comes in second.

I'll try to make this brief. My wife treated our 1st dog, prior to having our son, as her "baby" and when we lost her it was a huge blow to our family. She was a great Boxer and we're lucky for having owned her. However, my wife treats our Mal very differently now that we have our son and I think that it's a more natural relationship. Our Mal isn't loved less but he's loved like a dog instead of as a human. Owning a dog without having children is vastly different for a lot of people than those that do have kids of their own, my wife included. Just watch the Dog Whisperer for plenty of examples of this.

I feel like worded that all goofed up but I hope you get the gist of my meaning.

Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List