Page 178 of 250 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2494

Thread: Pets!

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    He's a Shih Tzu. We currently have three in the family, our old boy Ahab who's 15 or 16, the mother-in-law's dog Jax who is about two (which we gave to my FIL (RIP) for Xmas two years ago), and Fripp who is all of 11 weeks in that last soggy picture.

I'm generally a big dog guy, and really wanted a Giant Schnauzer, but when my wife and I started talking about getting a Corona dog, I surprised myself and agree to the Shih Tzu. Partly because I expected to be moving into town in the next year or two. Now that the Corona has us appreciating our faux-rural neighborhood more, I think we're staying. Maybe I'll get my Schnauzer next year! I think this is something like my wife's 5th Shih Tzu and her dream is to live somewhere in the Low Country and get a pedal trike with a basket on the front and ride around with the dogs.

Speaking of the Low Country and the Sea islands, here's the inspiration for the name
    https://www.frippislandresort.com/about-fripp-island/
    Thanks Rob. We were big dog people too. Dobies, Dals, Rotties, etc. As we got older (which really sucks), we started downsizing. Last dog was a Cocker Spaniel which we lost a few months ago. Thinking smaller now. Our four cats are bigger than Fripp. Not sure if that would work out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    Thanks Rob. We were big dog people too. Dobies, Dals, Rotties, etc. As we got older (which really sucks), we started downsizing. Last dog was a Cocker Spaniel which we lost a few months ago. Thinking smaller now. Our four cats are bigger than Fripp. Not sure if that would work out well.
    our old boy Ahab is almost 20 lbs. We are hoping Fripp will get close to that as well. Jax is probably somewhere just over 10, and he and the cat have not yet come to a full understanding.

Shih Tzus are great guard dogs. Note that I don't say "attack" but "guard". They will typically position themselves between the highest ranking human and the door, head towards the door. They even compete with one another to sit outside the shitter when I'm having my morning constitutional!

The other, maybe less obvious, thing is the hair not fur. Means they don't shed, but they do need to be trimmed, which we are too bougie to do ourselves and pay to have done.

Site Supporter
    Sasha is growing up fast. Man, it’s like I’ve developed a second shadow; she doesn’t let me out of her sight. My wife is mildly annoyed at how much she seems to worship me.

Here she is taking a short break from her favorite activity of playing fetch with Dad.

Hope she eventually grows into her ears [emoji1]

Name:  Adjustments.JPG
Views: 508
Size:  40.3 KB

Beautiful dog. My wife was also a bit let down by how much Smoky, my Weimaraner, was attached to me. Fortunately, Skyler, is very devoted to both of us. Smoky was as well, but she always thought of him as my dog because of it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

We have four... here are two, the youngest and oldest. Name:  IMG_5480.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  33.8 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachment 53759
    Name:  IMG_0962.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  43.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by sheepdog; 05-10-2020 at 05:41 PM.
    “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” – Herbert Spencer

Passed out after hard play
    Name:  CDB4E313-F92A-4116-BAA0-19AABA54A66F.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  36.5 KB

Both doggos on the bed
    Name:  1532FA8C-4999-447F-8D5B-78F386A16636.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  47.2 KB

We too likz turkkee Sammichs and someone found his toy while we were cleaning.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Name:  AE4F33E5-86BC-43E5-A27D-77A371E981C8.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  33.1 KB

“It’s raining. I’m bored!”
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Our 11 week old Am Staff puppy.

Name:  08E413D6-933C-47BC-AE3E-3CAFFC3C1D11.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  40.7 KB

User Tag List