Page 16 of 250 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Pets!

I want to make sure Jaegar isn't gun shy, so I have been exposing him to lots of strange and/or loud noises. This weekend I took the pooch out to my dad's and had him tied out at the house while my little one and I went out in the back 40 (actually it's really 20) to let her get some trigger time on the Tac-Sol 22 AR. He was going totally nuts trying to get off the lead and get out to the range with us, so after I got done reloading the Black Dog mags I went and got him and brought him out to the range. We shot off another mag or two and he didn't really have any reaction to the shots. I loaded up a few more rounds and went and stood about 15 feet from him and proceeded to fire off the rounds with ZERO reaction.

The final test was when I ran a few drills with the P30. I had him and my dad's shepherd off lead, as I wanted them to be able to head back to the house if the noise was too much for them (and they like to play together, so I figured the playing would help distract them from the gun fire). I started some drills with them hanging out behind the line, but after I started I could barely get off a string of fire due to the two of them running between my legs. They didn't give a rip about the rounds going off 5' from their heads!

Looks like I don't have to worry about taking him to the range with me any more.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    For you Dutchie guys - are there any breeders here in the states or are they all imports? I have looked around a bit, but never could find any breeders/kennels.
    I ran across these guys when I was doing research on Mals. http://www.vandaliakennel.com/

Looks like I don't have to worry about taking him to the range with me any more.[/QUOTE]

Firing weapons is a great part of the training. When mine hears gunshots she thinks she is supposed to be working. They have had gunfire during every class I have taken at Liberty Dog Camp

At 4 min into this video you can see the dogs swimming across a pond and shots hitting the water around them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGZi7...ayer_embedded#!
    Last edited by UNK; 02-07-2012 at 07:16 AM.

Found some pictures of my Corgi Pembroke on his ride home, when he was a puppy back in May 09, now he's a monster as far as Corgi's go.

He's been pissed off lately, the girlfriend brought home a kitten and I am NOT a cat person. If it chews on another wire it's off to the chinese buffet down the street.

That first pic is awesome!

Corgis are where it's at.

My corgi pit mix being a demon:

Being spoiled by my parents (he's not allowed on my furniture):

My Belgian Defense Team (props to LL)

Weezie, getting ready for the range:

Awesome!

After chasing the ball all afternoon. Happy boy

User Tag List