Page 147 of 249 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 2485

Thread: Pets!

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    In the twelve days from Jesse's third seizure, he deteriorated from a 4yr old, high jumping parkour athlete into a senile 15yr old with bad hips. Our view is that we actually lost Jesse on the seventh, but it took seeing the daily downward spiral with Not Jesse to instruct us what to do next for him. His shell was released Saturday morning.

Jesse was handsome, smart, athletic, goofy and uber sweet, but he truly earned his title of Best Dog Ever by happily and faithfully embracing his role as our son's DireHusky. RIP Jesse, you will be missed forever. No collar, no leash, no fences...run, sweet boy, run.

Jesse James "Boondock" Mutt
    02/14/2015 - 01/07/2019

Attachment 34418
    So sorry for your loss. These dogs deserve the best life we humans can give them, and it certainly seems you gave him his.

In the twelve days from Jesse's third seizure, he deteriorated from a 4yr old, high jumping parkour athlete into a senile 15yr old with bad hips. Our view is that we actually lost Jesse on the seventh, but it took seeing the daily downward spiral with Not Jesse to instruct us what to do next for him. His shell was released Saturday morning.

Jesse was handsome, smart, athletic, goofy and uber sweet, but he truly earned his title of Best Dog Ever by happily and faithfully embracing his role as our son's DireHusky. RIP Jesse, you will be missed forever. No collar, no leash, no fences...run, sweet boy, run.

Jesse James "Boondock" Mutt
    02/14/2015 - 01/07/2019

Attachment 34418
    Very sorry for your loss.

Site Supporter
    GM, I can relate. My oldest son just had to send his Daisy girl, a bloodhound/Doberman/shepherd/? mix to the place where all dogs run free and sleep well. This dog was always a large part of my life, too because she lived a half block away and Pop "dog-sat" Daisy girl and her younger sister, Jinx, many times. Both animals were/are, the most gentle, playful big dogs, becoming the guardians when our granddaughter was born, 4 years ago. I've personally had four dogs in my long life and miss them all, every day. The best of friends, for sure. I can feel your loss.

RIP, Jesse.
    Last edited by 11B10; 01-22-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Having recently lost my 10 year constant canine companion, Leo, I have great empathy for the pain an owner feels when losing their beloved pet.

I spent some time grieving. It sucked. Eventually I started to look at rescue dogs, identified a candidate, and went through the process of vetting and bringing him into our lives. I am working with the new boy, training hard, and experiencing a LOT of joy.

The new dog can't make up for the loss of Leo, but he is making me happier than I have been in a long while. My wife made the comment last night that she wasn't sure which of us was happier with the new arrangement.

Leo: RIP - You will be sorely missed.

Name:  IMG_2717.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  87.7 KB

Dudley: I hope to brighten your life as much as you are brightening mine.

Name:  IMG_0800.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  71.5 KB
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 01-22-2019 at 11:06 AM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

More pics.

Training Shake (surprisingly hard with his weight-forward biased sit but we got there) and High-5 - now working Flying High-5.

Rough housing - tickling the ribs. He grunts a lot in response and it is rather amusing.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 01-22-2019 at 11:09 AM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

When I was single and a dog passed, I'd have my mourning period and a new pup would join my life fairly quickly. Since our marriage, my wife and I have now had to put down a total of three dogs, the two aging dogs both of us already owned and now J-Dog. All this to say that this makes the first time my wife has had to go through this without another dog in the house...it's rough.

I hope to be getting a promotion and a transfer sometime after summer-ish, so we'll be waiting to move back into a real house and putting a fence up asap. It was gonna suck having to do 4+ dog walks every winter day, but I was roughly 125% down for doing it. Dogs ain't heavy, they're my brothers.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    More pics.

Training Shake (surprisingly hard with his weight-forward biased sit but we got there) and High-5 - now working Flying High-5.

Rough housing - tickling the ribs. He grunts a lot in response and it is rather amusing.

Guano, lovin your pictures! Keep'em coming, please. I'm not gonna lie, I'm living vicariously through your pictures. I haven't completely ruled out the possibility of getting another friend. The last one was simply so overwhelming, for both of us and to be truthful, I don't have the energy or time to give a new dog the training and time he/she would deserve.

When I was single and a dog passed, I'd have my mourning period and a new pup would join my life fairly quickly. Since our marriage, my wife and I have now had to put down a total of three dogs, the two aging dogs both of us already owned and now J-Dog. All this to say that this makes the first time my wife has had to go through this without another dog in the house...it's rough.

I hope to be getting a promotion and a transfer sometime after summer-ish, so we'll be waiting to move back into a real house and putting a fence up asap. It was gonna suck having to do 4+ dog walks every winter day, but I was roughly 125% down for doing it. Dogs ain't heavy, they're my brothers.
    When I had to let Smoky, our Weimaraner, go five years ago, I thought I'd never get over the heartbreak and didn't think I could have another dog anytime soon. Three months later my wife told me it was time and that's when we rescued "Skyler" after going through about three or four other candidates.

A dog definitely turns a house into a home.

(We don't have a fenced in area on our property, so our dogs get walked in rain, snow, sleet, ice, what have you...many times a day. I sometimes wish for a vacation day but not enough to not have a dog to share our home with.)

GM, I wish you and yours blue skies and fair weather going forward.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=11B10;836657]Guano, lovin your pictures! Keep'em coming, please. I'm not gonna lie, I'm living vicariously through your pictures. I haven't completely ruled out the possibility of getting another friend. The last one was simply so overwhelming, for both of us and to be truthful, I don't have the energy or time to give a new dog the training and time he/she would deserve. One of the problems you encounter while getting older is sacrificing some things. I'd love to get another, but it just wouldn't be right. Now, if I lived somewhere where I could let the dog out for daily exercise and pure enjoyment..... the decision would be made.

Name:  170B1C64-E3D7-4EC0-8DBC-AFDAF02C66FE.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  34.0 KB
    Lotus the retired Dutchie likes Bacon and Eggs or as he said “I seez you haz bacon and eggz. I too like bacon and eggz!”

Name:  0767D562-2F8A-4D21-9043-D61C62ED5DB1.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  28.9 KB

And he enjoyed a bed by the fire during the last cold streak.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List