Page 144 of 250 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2494

Thread: Pets!

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    4.5 pounds of hate.

Attachment 34144
    When my Calico does the "Murder Look" like that, I immediately start looking for the dog, so I can save his life once again.

4.5 pounds of hate.

Attachment 34144
    What are you lookin' at?
    Name:  Pierette 08-06-06.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  4.2 KB
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    @Drang @wvincent

Crazy shit happened today. I was walking to the bathroom and saw the evil cat's sister, who is terrified of everything, in the kitchen looking towards the counter with her eyes bugging out of her head. She was clearly locked on to something that was freaking her out so I investigated. There was a brand new roll of paper towels engulfed in flames on the counter. It was four feet from a gas burner I had pasta cooking on but somehow something flew that far. The cat above and the dog were laying there completely unconcerned.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I think Dudley needs some belly rubs and maybe a slice of cheese.
    If he gets any more belly rubs his belly will fall off.

Seriously, I had to train him that chest/belly rubs were awesome. We probably got 6 training sessions in today - he is super-smart but has never been exposed to some concepts like shake or heel or roll over. Lots and lots to train, but my training skills are noticably better since the last time I focused on it, and he is a way more receptive audience.

After training session treat - laying in my lap:Name:  CDA9A079-5B89-4DFA-870B-55073C96EA01.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  35.1 KB
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 01-13-2019 at 12:54 AM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

@Drang @wvincent

Crazy shit happened today. I was walking to the bathroom and saw the evil cat's sister, who is terrified of everything, in the kitchen looking towards the counter with her eyes bugging out of her head. She was clearly locked on to something that was freaking her out so I investigated. There was a brand new roll of paper towels engulfed in flames on the counter. It was four feet from a gas burner I had pasta cooking on but somehow something flew that far. The cat above and the dog were laying there completely unconcerned.
    Ruh-ro, Shaggy! Not cool!

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    That looks like a boatload of trouble. Guessing too much drive and intelligence for its own good short of living on a sheep farm.
    He certainly can be, but he’s a good boy. He’s being trained for agility. He may even get to be a daddy this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    If he gets any more belly rubs his belly will fall off.

Seriously, I had to train him that chest/belly rubs were awesome. We probably got 6 training sessions in today - he is super-smart but has never been exposed to some concepts like shake or heel or roll over. Lots and lots to train, but my training skills are noticably better since the last time I focused on it, and he is a way more receptive audience.

After training session treat - laying in my lap
    Dudley is just a big love sponge, soaking up all the love.

My wonderful, sweet, smart, 4yr old, Siberian Husky is fucked up post-seizure(s) and we're just heartsick worried that he will be for the rest of his life. He's been just the best dog, incredibly healthy as all his vets have commented and then, Bam! Two months ago, Jesse has a horrific grand mal seizure while napping next to me as I sat reading. It took him about 30min to shake off the effects and was then oddly fired up (you know, for a Husky) for the rest of the evening. Then nothing.

Two weeks ago, he's sleeping by my desk at my office and has another. It's not as long as the first and he shakes off the effects much quicker. He had his third seizure six days ago and he hasn't been right since. As the second and third seizures were well within a 30 day window, the vet puts him on phenobarbital. The odds say it's epilepsy, which is hereditary but still of unknown origin in dogs, he'll be on it for the rest of his life.

48hrs after starting the rx, my wife, who used to be a certified trainer and ran a couple of doggie daycares back in the day, points out that Jesse isn't using his back leg or possibly legs properly. She shows me a simple test that's supposed to be a big predictor of a dog's recovery; while the dog is standing, tuck one of the back feet topside down and see how long it takes the dog to turn the foot back over...it's still taking Jesse a long time.

The vet had me stop the rx until I report in Mon just to make sure the effects aren't from too much phenobarbital, but we can tell that it wasn't the drugs. He was f'd up before the rx, only took it 4x in 48hrs and has been off it for 72hrs now. His pupils are still much, much larger than normal, both back feet drag, the right one quite a bit, he's regressed in personality and is very food and fetch driven, almost with a fervor, like an aggressive, 60lb puppy...sorta.

Has anyone ever had a pup "come back" this long after a seizure?

Tracks from one of this morning's walks:
    Name:  Jesse Tracks.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  32.2 KB

Christmas:
    Name:  Xmas Jesse.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  49.1 KB

I wish that I could give something positive to help you but in my case I ended up having to put the dog down.

She was a wonderful, 7 year old German Shorthaired Pointer that had a seizure one year and then another the next year. They became more frequent until she had six in one weekend and never seemed to recover from the last one. I slept next to her the last night and she had mini seizures the whole night and the next day she didn't know where she was, and barely recognized me. I took her to the vet that day and they put her to sleep. It was hard but I hated to see her suffer.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I hate to hear it.

It’s super hard to know what the right thing to do is, whether to persevere and try to work through it or not.

If you are lucky Jesse will show you the way.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

User Tag List