Page 138 of 250 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2494

Thread: Pets!

add-on to above post:

while Catwoman is way to... catty, to try and get adopted (seriously, she likes to aggressive meow, growl, and hiss, and won't let anyone touch her), Mr. Pickles is almost a love bug in comparison; easy to pet, loves to roll over, even actively seeks out scritches when he comes by to feed. Him we're going to try and domesticate. Both we're doing our best to get to a TNR place to get fixed so no more kittens! (even as cute as they are!)
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

We will be picking up this little guy from the breeder tomorrow. I have to admit I'm pretty excited. Its been 2 years almost to the day since my last boxer passed after 13 years together.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 10-31-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Our two rescue mutts. Both came from SC, Gracie Rose is the black and tan houndy mutt (and my avatar), Maddie Lou is the black and white Heinz 57. Gracie is 45 pounds, Maddie is 37 and as our only remaining "children" in the house, are spoiled rotten.

Name:  gracie-2.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  60.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0550.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  51.5 KB

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Our GSDs

These photos are from about 20 years ago. Risa (the black and tan) and Shadow were from the same breeder, who brought GSDs over from eastern Europe for breeding purposes.

Risa was a year older than Shadow (both were purchased as 4-month old puppies). Risa was diagnosed with Persistent Right Aortic Arch early-on and had corrective surgery. She then suffered with pancreatic failure and even with enzyme supplement, was essentially starving to death. We had to let her go at five years of age.

Shadow's lineage was east German, the dog was large-boned and Schützen-trained, the bitch was small (about 60 pounds) and all-black. Shadow was her size but built heavy like her father. She was amazingly loving and protective of our children, confident yet reserved in public but could easily intimidate anyone she perceived as a threat. She had a pretty healthy life up until the end when she suffered two very acute cases of idiopathic vestibular disease. After the second bout, she was unable to stand and after a few weeks of total immobility (and in combination with advanced hip dysplasia), we decided at 13 years of age her time had come. Shadow left a huge hole in my heart.

After we buried her, I swore off dogs never wanting to go through the loss again. Eight years later we moved to NH, where I relented to the persistence of my wife and we adopted our two current mutts from a rescue organization we now actively support. I had a very strong connection with Shadow and miss her dearly to this day.

Name:  risashadow.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  101.1 KB

Shadow with our youngest daughter, circa 1996;

Name:  emshadow.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  45.6 KB
    Last edited by NH Shooter; 11-02-2018 at 07:27 AM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Site Supporter
    ^^^ Caption... "Juuuust a little to the left, please, sweetheart."
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Don’t really have many recent photos of my animals but here’s two:

Cesar
    Name:  6732428F-0E68-4704-8E22-C79A11D6F762.jpeg
Views: 467
Size:  85.2 KB

People were always a bit apprehensive of him, but he was the biggest softy ever. He’d always walk up, flop over and wait for a belly rub. He was a bit of a wuss too, but he had two GSDs that always had his back.

Cyrano (bonus points if you recognize where we pulled that name from)
    Name:  AF1C4207-AFA0-4741-A7B9-C8C0F72699C3.jpeg
Views: 463
Size:  59.8 KB

Mischievous little bugger as he always made off with the dogs’ toys. Great fun to play with though, and watching him and the dogs was amusing.
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 11-02-2018 at 11:36 AM.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

back from vet. 8 week old kittens have REALLY sharp claws, btw.
    also, the black one is confirmed female, and the grey tabby is male.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Omg! It's my dog's long lost brother!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

User Tag List