Page 134 of 250 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2494

Thread: Pets!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    The newest member of the clan, Buddy. My kid has been obsessed with Dachshunds since he saw Secret Life of Pets years ago and he finally got mom to cave in and get one!
    Congrats. Dachshunds are awesome. Ours isn't yippie or crazy, as some can be, likely due to growing up with a Golden. It will be our last Golden simply due to the shedding, but regardless of what we get next (GSD is plan), we'll always have a Dachshund.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Congrats. Dachshunds are awesome. Ours isn't yippie or crazy, as some can be, likely due to growing up with a Golden. It will be our last Golden simply due to the shedding, but regardless of what we get next (GSD is plan), we'll always have a Dachshund.

GSD are great dogs but don't think the shedding will be any better than your Golden.

Quote Originally Posted by BJXDS View Post
    GSD are great dogs but don't think the shedding will be any better than your Golden.
    Had a Golden and currently have two German Shedders. Can't say there is any significant difference between a Golden and a GSD in the shedding department.

Significantly worse in my experience. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post

Beautiful pups! Ours is the first little dog we’ve had. One thing I have noticed is although he is very smart, it is MUCH easier training bigger dogs. Especially potty training.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Had a Golden and currently have two German Shedders. Can't say there is any significant difference between a Golden and a GSD in the shedding department.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Significantly worse in my experience. YMMV.
    That's disconcerting. I was aware that they shed more than most, but our office GSD doesn't seem to shed on the same level as my Golden. Owner also has a Rhodesian Ridgeback and Golden. I'll have to ask about their grooming regiment, because whatever they're doing, it works. Thanks for the heads up.

Here he is, since it's a pic thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Beautiful pups! Ours is the first little dog we’ve had. One thing I have noticed is although he is very smart, it is MUCH easier training bigger dogs. Especially potty training.
    Thanks. Yes, it's definitely a little dog thing, according to my sister in law, who is a Vet and also has three Dachshunds. She actually gifted our Dachshund to us. Ours still has "accidents" in the house, at 7 years old.
    Last edited by StraitR; 09-05-2018 at 09:40 PM.

Full concur on German Shedders. Mixing poodle into a breed tends to up the smarts and lower the flying hair. Mutts, as always, FTW.
    Ignore Alien Orders

After a long day of swimming and "assisting" my wife in the garden.
    Name:  Capture+_2018-09-06-07-41-28~2.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  77.3 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Dog is at dog daycare and they just sent this picture. She is just a tad spoiled...

Name:  Snoot.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  75.7 KB

Bigger dachshund

The wirehaired guy has grown into a pretty darn good adult hound. Great with the kids, and nothing gets by him. Still barks a lot at night, but at least it's not a high-pitched yip!
    Name:  IMG_20180814_160735_979.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  62.7 KB

Like all other dachshunds, he's obedient so long as he thinks it was his idea first.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List