Thread: Pets!

Name:  IMG_0328.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  100.0 KB

From a recent canyon hike/rabbit chase.

Name:  IMG_0329.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  108.4 KB
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Here comes the Boom!

We got this guy from a local breeder at 8 weeks. Now he is 14 months old and pushing 90 pounds! His name is Boomer.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

There’s a happy, wet dog Newyork! And some great looking Labs too!
    Last edited by Coyotesfan97; 04-03-2018 at 11:08 PM.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Just Ford being Ford...He is among the most beloved dogs at doggy daycare. They put him in the room with newbs to get them acclimated. Apparently, there isn’t a dog or person who doesn’t live this guy...

Name:  07B05476-B866-42EC-B2B3-32E81B5E8A0B.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  53.6 KB
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 04-11-2018 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Just Ford being Ford...He is among the most beloved dogs at doggy daycare. They put him in the room with newbs to get them acclimated. Apparently, there isn’t a dog or person who doesn’t live this guy...

Name:  07B05476-B866-42EC-B2B3-32E81B5E8A0B.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  53.6 KB
    Springer?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Springer?
    Mutt, but we were told Springer/Border Collie mix, could also be a Brittany/Collie mix. He's definitely got plenty of 'Spaniel in him, birds, balls, frisbees, anything that flies through the air he wants it. Also has webbed feet and polydactyly on his back legs which is a pretty common recessive mutation in Springers.

has webbed feet
    Ive heard that mentioned in regards to water dogs, but every dog Ive looked at, and all my Malamutes, have had webbed feet/toes. So, is it something just water dogs have, or do all dogs have it?

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Ive heard that mentioned in regards to water dogs, but every dog Ive looked at, and all my Malamutes, have had webbed feet/toes. So, is it something just water dogs have, or do all dogs have it?
    So from genetic profiling we for sure know that webbed feet are from a recessive mutation, that could be found in any dog breed. But the prevalence that it has in different dog breeds, means it must have been artificially selected for at some point. My guess is most water dog breeds were selected for webbed feet at some point in the history of the breed which is why its more common in certain breeds than others.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 04-11-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Interesting.

I just googled it, most dogs have it to a certain degree, water dogs more than average. It looks like Malamutes are one of the dogs that have fairly noticeable webbed feet besides water dogs. May be a snow thing?

Mutt, but we were told Springer/Border Collie mix, could also be a Brittany/Collie mix. He's definitely got plenty of 'Spaniel in him, birds, balls, frisbees, anything that flies through the air he wants it. Also has webbed feet and polydactyly on his back legs which is a pretty common recessive mutation in Springers.
    Mutts make the best dogs in my experience. The only reason I asked is because I've always wanted a Springer Spaniel. I've had Brittanys and Border Collies. They make great family dogs but can be a bit hyper, to say the least.

User Tag List