Page 11 of 250 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Pets!

This is my dog Pete. He'll be 8 y.o. this march.

--Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Sorry to hear of your loss Irish. Best of luck in finding another good one.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Another one of Teddy, my pit bull/corgi and my roommate's dog Sam, a Rhodesian mix:

Sam was hit in the face with a G17 mag while I was practicing reloads yesterday. Our relationship is...strained.

Teddy and I are turning into cranky old people together. It's fun. He doesn't tolerate other dogs unless they're fun to play with or humpable. I am the same way with people.

Irish, a big +1 to your consideration of a GSD. I rescued one a few years ago and can't imagine I'll ever seriously consider another breed now.

Quote Originally Posted by JMorse View Post
    Irish, a big +1 to your consideration of a GSD. I rescued one a few years ago and can't imagine I'll ever seriously consider another breed now.
    Thanks, I appreciate the support. Lil is helping me out with a lot of valuable info on the GSD's and also looking at the Mals. Taking the wife & kiddo to a few breeders this week to play with puppies and lift their spirits.

There are tons of wonderful GSD's to be had at your local GSD rescue too. There are a couple really great orgs here in Los Angeles that can help you find the right dog for you. It's not that far of a drive... =)

I second looking at a breed specific rescue. I used to volunteer with a dobie rescue, and they were good people. I gave everyone who adopted one of my fosters a booklet of information on absolutely everything I'd ever learned about the dog while I was fostering them, down to personality quirks and their favorite types of toys.

This is my Akita, Kumiko. She's 4 years old and can't decide whether she is a terrifying monster with teeth or a giant fluffy teddy-bear. She is currently protesting the lack of snow in Ohio in January this year.

This Saturday we're going to meet Bam! At this point in time I'm pretty certain he'll be the new addition to our family. He's a 4 year old Belgian Malinois executive protection dog fully trained for off and on leash commands, narcotics trained along with being attack trained. I've spoken to the owner/trainer at length and we're going to meet them both this weekend to interact with the dog and discuss the possibility of bringing him into our home. At this point in time I'd say we're about 95% sure that we'll be bringing him on board. No puppy training BS and this guy's good to go out the gate with the type of training I'd give a new pup anyway.

A new best friend for my boy and a trained protector for my family.

He's amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by JMorse View Post
    He's amazing!
    Thanks! Fingers crossed everything goes well with my wife and son at the meet & greet and if so it's a done deal.

Along with Bam my wife and I will attending training with his trainer to master his commands and learn "how to operate" him. I'm really looking forward to the challenges and rewards that come along with him.

User Tag List