Page 102 of 249 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2485

Thread: Pets!

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Available?
    They were all given away in less than 2 weeks. I had them house broken at 3 weeks, so that was a good selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by Win94ae View Post
    They were all given away in less than 2 weeks. I had them house broken at 3 weeks, so that was a good selling point.
    Damn..... I would have paid the freight!
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    No idea. The not-pup actually belongs to my neighbor. Given the amount of time he spends at my house and how often I've taken care of him while the neighbor's out of town, I consider him family enough to call a pet (at least in a pic thread about beloved animals, anyway).

But, I don't know his official weight. He's had a lot of hip stiffness this last year or so, and has put on a noticeable amount of weight because he's moving a lot less.

Wonder if they are giving him anything? One of the common dog anti-inflammatory drugs has been Rymadil. Its expensive. My vet gave my last geezer dog a prescription for Meloxicam, which is a people drug. Instead of $40/mo or whatever Rymadil was, it came 3 packs of 30 each for $10, and he only took a 1/2 per day, so 6 months for $10. May ask them what hes taking if anything. Sure made a big difference to Stewart the least couple years of his life.

I came up with a simple way to give pills to dogs. Many people try to hide the meds in food. I just made it a game, and stuck it down their throat between my trigger and traffic fingers, then gave them a couple biscuits after making it all sound like fun.

Me: "Stewart, you want a pill?"

Stewart: "Oh he11 yes!! Bring it on!!"
    Last edited by Malamute; 01-19-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Wonder if they are giving him anything? One of the common dog anti-inflammatory drugs has been Rymadil. Its expensive. My vet gave my last geezer dog a prescription for Meloxicam, which is a people drug. Instead of $40/mo or whatever Rymadil was, it came 3 packs of 30 each for $10, and he only took a 1/2 per day, so 6 months for $10. May ask them what hes taking if anything. Sure made a big difference to Stewart the least couple years of his life.

I came up with a simple way to give pills to dogs. Many people try to hide the meds in food. I just made it a game, and stuck it down their throat between my trigger and traffic fingers, then gave them a couple biscuits after making it all sound like fun.

Me: "Stewart, you want a pill?"

Stewart: "Oh he11 yes!! Bring it on!!"
    Thanks so much for the info! I'll find out if they're giving him anything, and pass that info along!

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhitman View Post
    Attachment 13246
    Attachment 13247
    Attachment 13248
    Attachment 13249
    My first "trained" dog, Havoc. He's going to be 12 in March and lives with my exgf. Best dog anyone could want. Great with kids, babies, other dogs but dangerous when you told him to be. Truly blessed to have a dog like him my first time, unfortunately it ruined it for me with all my future dogs.
    Can you recommend any good breeders of Dutch Shepherds?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Win94ae View Post
    Everyone in my house wants the furry tan guy with the white-ish muzzle and chest at the top of the photo.
    Funny that they all looked at the photo at different times and immediately picked the same pup.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

That is the exact same reason why I was asking.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by dsa View Post
    Can you recommend any good breeders of Dutch Shepherds?
    Cher Car Kennels

http://www.chercarkennels.net

When I get a DS pup that's where I'm going. It's a bit of a hop for me.

If you're on FB look up Chanel the Dutch Shepherd. She's from Cher Car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Going back 3 years now to puppy pics; here's Kip the Wirehaired Dachshund at 6 weeks
    Name:  Kip_6weeks.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  53.4 KB

and on my lap awakening from a nap at 9 weeks

Name:  kip_9wks_opt.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  54.2 KB

He's all red now- no black or grey remains except for a little bit scattered through his tail.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 01-21-2017 at 11:39 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

I like wirehaired Dachshunds. I'll have to take a picture of our dapper guy Walter.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List