Page 37 of 250 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Pets!

Zoey loves the snow but ive yet to get any pictures of her in it.

Jaegar definitely looks filled out. Great looking German Shepard.

Luna and I working on a few commands in a green belt after a long walk. Work has been busy the last month or two so we haven't done any training for a bit.

My wife and I rescued this little girl a few weeks ago. She's a German Shepherd mix with what seems to be husky. She was abandoned in town, someone picked her up and put her on Facebook. She's now about 12 weeks old by the vet's estimate.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

Awww, Bailey is so cute! And you built her a house of her own, that's very nice.

My dog is a GSD mix rescue as well. He's incredibly loyal, and has made a terrific companion.

Thanks! She's a pretty girl. Actually just added a solar-powered ventilation fan to her house today.

She's spoiled. It's gonna be crazy when we have kids.
    my fingers for battle.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Thanks! She's a pretty girl. Actually just added a solar-powered ventilation fan to her house today.

She's spoiled. It's gonna be crazy when we have kids.
    She's not spoiled.

My dog has a foam camping mattress in his insulated doghouse. He gets bacon cooked for him on weekends. He gets a cheese slice when we get home from our walk every night.

That's spoiled. Bailey has a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    She's not spoiled.

My dog has a foam camping mattress in his insulated doghouse. He gets bacon cooked for him on weekends. He gets a cheese slice when we get home from our walk every night.

That's spoiled?

Ours use to have his own couch. We had an ottoman that we dedicated for his use. When we got our current sofa, which is huge, there wasn't enough room for the ottoman. So now he just snuggles with us on the couch. And, of course, he sleeps with us in bed.....which is usually awesome, as he presses up against you really tight which turns him into an awesome heater on the cold nights He's a big lap dog, but such a good one.

We use to give him a slice of bacon anytime we had any. He's also addicted to cheese. His addiction started to have a deleterious effect on his manners, so we had an intervention and cut off his supply of any human foods whatsoever.

The way he lives is a total 180* reverse from the dogs we kenneled for training as hunting dogs when I grew up. The only luxuries they had during the winter was some extra hay in the kennel and extra fat leftover from cooking bacon. There were no niceties back then such as booties or sweaters when they were in the field, either.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I got my female Rhodesian Ridgeback, Kalia, from craigslist at 4 months old. The owners didn't want her anymore????

The day I brought her home:

She's 4 now:

Not liking noises in the back yard.

Paws up on the center consul of my F250 enjoying a drive.

So that's what RRs look like...mine a brick house. She was a rescue and most likely mixed with a with some form of mastiff. I'll try to get a pic up.

She is only 2 1/2 years estimated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by JM Campbell; 02-11-2013 at 10:18 AM.
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    She's not spoiled.

Haha gotcha. Didn't insulate the doghouse because we're in south Texas and insulation would probably only keep it hot. We have a be for her, don't think it was in the doghouse for that pic.
    my fingers for battle.

User Tag List