Page 140 of 250 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2494

Thread: Pets!

Firedog Ford was on watch during Halloween. Keeping a careful eye on the niece and nephew and for potential fires.

Name:  4483D019-72E3-444C-BAAB-922848C3FA71.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  87.8 KB

What? I'm not spoiled, you're spoiled!

Name:  J Dog.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  26.7 KB
    Last edited by Gun Mutt; 11-06-2018 at 11:21 AM.

Our middle daughter got a border collie for her 13th birthday. Today is her 30th birthday. She had to put him down 3 days ago, due to bone marrow cancer. He was a great dog and had a wonderful life.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Our middle daughter got a border collie for her 13th birthday. Today is her 30th birthday. She had to put him down 3 days ago, due to bone marrow cancer. He was a great dog and had a wonderful life.
    It's never easy, as you know, Chuck. Condolences on the loss and heartfelt wishes for better days ahead.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Thanks, Blues. The past 2 days were rough for her, but she is doing better.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Sorry to hear that Chuck. Hope your daughter is ok.

It’s such a shame that our dogs live such short lives, compared to humans. I heard once people spend their entire lives learning how to love one another and be happy. But dogs already know how to do that when they are born, so they don’t have to stay with us as long.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Firedog Ford was on watch during Halloween. Keeping a careful eye on the niece and nephew and for potential fires.

Name:  4483D019-72E3-444C-BAAB-922848C3FA71.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  87.8 KB
    Where’s the police dog that goes everywhere first and let’s the fire dog know it’s safe to enter?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Sorry to hear that Chuck. Hope your daughter is ok.

It’s such a shame that our dogs live such short lives, compared to humans. I heard once people spend their entire lives learning how to love one another and be happy. But dogs already know how to do that when they are born, so they don’t have to stay with us as long.
    Thanks, Rich. It was tough for her for a couple of days, but she is doing better.

I have come to believe that they are sent to us to teach us things that our Creator wants us to know about.....like loyalty and unconditional love...and, ultimately, loss, sorrow, and heartbreak....and how to go on afterwards.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 11-09-2018 at 10:49 AM.
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    One can only hope they make it to heaven and are greeted not only by family and friends but their loyal pets!

^^^^^ THIS.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List