Page 150 of 249 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2485

Thread: Pets!

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Saw this dog while I was stopped in traffic.

Attachment 34963
    My malamute used to look at people like that when they rang the doorbell or tried to figure out if I was home.

When they saw him, a few people said their hearts skipped a few beats.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Where’s the police dog that goes everywhere first and let’s the fire dog know it’s safe to enter?
    Now that’s hilarious!

A photo I took tonight of the current family pet.

Name:  7958DE55-BD4B-481B-8B77-DF8E814188B3.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  37.5 KB

He always lays in some uncomfortable, excorism-looking position
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

A rare picture of my two dogs at rest. They are Spanish Alanos, which is a rare breed in the US. They are used in Spain to catch cattle and to hunt and catch wild boars. I don't think either of these two goofballs would do be interested, but I bought them as pets.

Name:  my dogs.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  61.1 KB

Here is a picture of the male dog and my cat under the desk:

Name:  dog and cat under the desk.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  49.7 KB

I found the cat in 1999 outside of a mall when I took the wrong exit by mistake. It was less than a year old and coming up to people meowing and standing on its hind legs. It was also declawed. I have no idea how it got there. But I brought it home and it got along with the dog I had at the time. SO I have kept it ever since.

And the cat doing what it normally does:

Name:  Pyewackett.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  56.1 KB
    Last edited by Ed L; 03-15-2019 at 04:25 PM.

We had an Orange stray cat just like him adopt us. He lived with us for years.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I found the cat in 1999 outside of a mall when I took the wrong exit by mistake. It was less than a year old and coming up to people meowing and standing on its hind legs. It was also declawed.
    IMHO, people who declaw cats should be declawed with a bottle of cheap whisky and pair of pliers.

That is all.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    IMHO, people who declaw cats should be declawed with a bottle of cheap whisky and pair of pliers.

That is all.
    We had a siamese kitten who grew into a cat and thought it great sport to sit on bookcases, under the bed, etc and pounce and claw up our kids. When my 2 year old had claw marks dangerously close to her eyes, the cat took a trip to the vets. We have her still 16 years later. Very brave little cat, who thought me tussling with a Dutch Sherpherd was serious and she came at the dog (sans claws). Has dominated that dog, a lab, and for last 8 years a Goldie. Has become "my" cat over time. She has a great life as a house cat. I'd have had to given her away or passed her to a shelter otherwise. Much as I like her, daughters are keeping eye sight. Don't think that warrants someone coming at me with a pair of pliers. If they did, I'd feel compelled to defend myself with something other than pliers. Silly all the away around.
    Last edited by Willard; 03-15-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    I agree. I found the cat outside of a large mall that was surrounded on all sides by at least 4 lanes of heavy traffic. So my guess is that someone dumped the cat there hoping that someone would find it and adopt it since it was a heavily trafficed place.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    We had a siamese kitten who grew into a cat and thought it great sport to sit on bookcases, under the bed, etc and pounce and claw up our kids. When my 2 year old had claw marks dangerously close to her eyes, the cat took a trip to the vets. We have her still 16 years later. Very brave little cat, who thought me tussling with a Dutch Sherpherd was serious and she came at the dog (sans claws). Has dominated that dog, a lab, and for last 8 years a Goldie. Has become "my" cat over time. She has a great life as a house cat. I'd have had to given her away or passed her to a shelter otherwise. Much as I like her, daughters are keeping eye sight. Don't think that warrants someone coming at me with a pair of pliers. If they did, I'd feel compelled to defend myself with something other than pliers. Silly all the away around.
    I guess. Around here a declawed cat = a dead cat as they aren’t exclusively indoor and we have a healthy supply of things that make snacky treats out of cats that can’t clinb or defend themselves.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Comforting each other at the vet.

Name:  7820F729-43B9-4BAF-B665-828FE269C3C7.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  56.3 KB

Maddie chillin’ on her new bed.

Name:  56682AF0-5AF0-4EAC-96ED-22C2907373C2.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  57.2 KB

Milo using me as a pillow.

Name:  66B5B959-115C-4F8D-989D-4F304C4BEB5B.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  33.0 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List