Page 227 of 250 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 2494

Thread: Pets!

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    That's a great photo.
    Thank you. Belle is a great cat.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Funny stuff..

Bueller, our 8mo Shorthair, HATED vests. Trying to get an orange hunting vest on him this fall wore out me and the wife to near exhaustion. He was like an eel coated with grease. Fast forward to the other day. Temps were in the upper teens. We let him out for his morning pee. He took two steps out the door, stopped dead in his tracks, and looked at us like “Just WTF is THIS??” Left him out a few minutes longer on purpose. While he was out. Put a fleece dog vest (from the previous dog) next to the heat stove to get toasty.

Guess what is his new best friend now? Lol
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Snuggle Muppet (Bentley)
    Name:  9CC1BBCD-CF8C-43A0-9171-4BAD10176346.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  46.3 KB

and...

Mischief Muppet (Winston)
    Name:  5231E852-CDF9-471B-8BA0-A206C37B3D7A.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  45.1 KB

They have become quite the pair.
    Name:  66874028465__524EBD24-CEF9-4ACE-8D8E-BB566F17AA94.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  48.0 KB

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Looks like we got Cat #3. This is the third one one in 3 years that just showed up and starting living here. I think they're putting up hobo signs, "These people will feed you →".

Name:  Attachment (9).jpg
Size:  44.1 KB

Name:  Attachment (7).jpg
Size:  54.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Looks like we got Cat #3. This is the third one one in 3 years that just showed up and starting living here. I think they're putting up hobo signs, "These people will feed you →".
    You are a good human!

Do you keep them outside only?

The coyotes here live pretty large of Fluffy roaming the hood. A neighbor had the prettiest orange fluffy cat that I used to watch hunt baby rabbits in my yard. The coyotes got him.

But it is not just kitties, the coyotes just ate my neighbors little toy poodle. The little guy went into the wood line and got eaten. I had a coyote come into the yard when I was sitting with my dogs, which are decent sized (2 GSDs and medium sized Golden Doodle). He escaped before I could get the dogs in the house and the 300 BO contender out of the safe. The Doodle thinks he is a coyote slayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    The best way to have a cat is to be adopted by one. It's a blessing.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    You are a good human!

Do you keep them outside only?

The coyotes here live pretty large of Fluffy roaming the hood. A neighbor had the prettiest orange fluffy cat that I used to watch hunt baby rabbits in my yard. The coyotes got him.

But it is not just kitties, the coyotes just ate my neighbors little toy poodle. The little guy went into the wood line and got eaten. I had a coyote come into the yard when I was sitting with my dogs, which are decent sized (2 GSDs and medium sized Golden Doodle). He escaped before I could get the dogs in the house and the 300 BO contender out of the safe. The Doodle thinks he is a coyote slayer.
    The first one, Checkers, was a little baby. Vet said 6, maybe 8 weeks old. He's been inside ever since, with no inclination to go outside. The second, Parcheesi, was initially not very friendly (he is now), about 6 months old we guessed, and has only been outside.

This one seems to be pretty well taken care of, and he wants to come in. So we'll see.

For coyotes, I hear them around at night but in 11 years have only actually seen 2 on my street. Once was when they snatched my neighbor's teacup terrier though.

Name:  20221118_124352.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  90.2 KB

From last friday before the start of revolver roundup...
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post

Strikingly similar to my doggo.

Name:  20220902_144422.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  28.8 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post

And the trail looks similar to one we use all the time.

My boy is in the picture if you look closely.
    Name:  IMG_5391.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  67.4 KB

User Tag List