Page 85 of 250 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: Pets!

We adopted this eight-month old shepherd rescue today. He's amazingly gentle with the kids. He was brought in by animal control as a stray, so we have no clue what his history is. He doesn't know any commands and didn't like a leash when they first brought him in, so we don't think anyone was working with him. With some work, I think he's going to be a great dog. He seems to have a great temperament.

Name:  20150324_161805.jpg
Views: 1138
Size:  98.4 KB
    Name:  20150324_171911.jpg
Views: 1161
Size:  69.9 KB
    Name:  20150324_183857.jpg
Views: 1140
Size:  51.1 KB

Congrats to your family and the dog! That good looking dog needed a good looking family [emoji41]
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Indeed, what a fine-looking pup! I hope he and your children bond well, and he proves to be a loyal and protective family member.

What a handsome fellow. I hope you all grow very happy with each other for many years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    We adopted this eight-month old shepherd rescue today. He's amazingly gentle with the kids. He was brought in by animal control as a stray, so we have no clue what his history is. He doesn't know any commands and didn't like a leash when they first brought him in, so we don't think anyone was working with him. With some work, I think he's going to be a great dog. He seems to have a great temperament.

That is going to be a BIG dog! Look at the paws on that guy!

Thanks everyone. My wife and I both had dogs growing up, but this our family's first dog. Everyone is excited. We've been waiting for all of the kids to be somewhat indpendant before adding another child to the mix.

It's obvious now that no one has ever worked with Jake, but he's incredibly eager to learn. Between yesterday afternoon and today, he's learned to respond reliably to "sit" and "come". The shelter said he didn't know what to do on a leash when he showed up, but took to it quickly. He seems very smart and eager to learn. I'd hate to see what he's capable of when he's bored...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    That is going to be a BIG dog! Look at the paws on that guy!
    Yep.

He's beautiful. Congrats to you all.

Name:  DSC_0949.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  63.6 KB

My two GSD. The puppy is now two and the female is three. They are a handful but have great personalities.

That's a guilty look. I'm thinking...bunny what bunny? no I didn't eat a giant bunny.I don't know where that basket of candy came from.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Name:  DSC_0949.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  63.6 KB

My two GSD. The puppy is now two and the female is three. They are a handful but have great personalities.

Klinger, 1.5 year old GSD I'm fostering for a few weeks (to adoption, if no crazy issues pop up). Great dog with a lot of potential, just needs to get his recall and leash skills down and he's golden

Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List