Page 208 of 250 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2494

Thread: Pets!

We'll be driving to pick this thing up on December 3.

My wife and I both grew up with dogs, but in five years of marriage, we haven't been able to get one due to housing not accommodating it. We're finally in a townhouse that allows pets, and the opportunity to get a dog out of this litter was dropped in our laps.

We figure that even though we both have experience raising and training dogs, a Golden is a good first dog for us as a couple while we're figuring out raising one together. They're easy mode as far as training goes, and we know exactly what we're getting as far as personality, compatibility with other dogs and kids, etc. It also doesn't hurt that both parents and all pups for this litter are that dark golden red color, which is our favorite look for the breed.

He's also going to be huge. His dad is a healthy 100lb.

Name:  Bombur.jpeg
Views: 385
Size:  80.0 KB.

Perro de Presa Canario
    16 Months old #165 Pounds on a Vet scale.
    Very stable temperament, he comes from good working lines.
    Name:  16 Months 165 pounds (2).jpg
Views: 344
Size:  41.7 KB

I lost my male lab puppy, named Colt last sunday. He was 15 months old. He got out near dusk and was hit by a car, which killed him instantly. Some of you guys got to meet him out at Revolver Round up. I was able to bury him out on the range we are setting up near where we are going to put in a stock pond for fishing and ducks, figure being a lab he would like that. My other lab, Sadie, is doing okay, but the first couple days without her buddy was hard on her. I wasn't too happy either, but doing better now I guess. You don't really realize how much a animal means to you until it is gone I suppose.

Eventually I'm going to get another, because at this point I really can image not having dogs in my life and I don't think Sadie is going to do as well long term as a only dog. Not sure how soon though.

Some of the last pictures I have of Colt.

Name:  Resized_20210827_171301.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  30.7 KB

Name:  20210827_171337.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  47.4 KB

He was a good boy...
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

So sorry for your loss, R. That's rough.

Our neighbors, a young couple lost their pup a month or two back while on a trip to MT. Dog got away and like yours was immediately lost to a vehicle.

I wish you and Sadie better days ahead.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

That is awful, @rcbusmc24, and I am so sorry to hear it.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

I’m sorry for your loss.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Sincerest condolences, rcbusmc24.

rcbusmc24 Sorry to hear about your dog! that is a hurt that is hard to deal with.

we lost a pup to a very rare form of cancer 18 Months ago, we had to put him down at 11 Months old.. my Wife still cries about it.
    He was 5 weeks old in this pic.
    Name:  5 weeks.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  43.4 KB
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 12-04-2021 at 03:33 AM.

User Tag List