Page 106 of 250 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2494

Thread: Pets!

Maddie Lou, who we adopted about a year after Gracie. She is also a rescue from SC, from an unwanted litter of someone's pet. She is of totally unknown breed lineage, but we suspect she has some Rat Terrier in her based on some physical characteristics and the unrelenting attention she gives the local chipmunk population. Maddie and Gracie are BFFs and are an unending source of entertainment for my wife and I.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post

Maddie Lou, who we adopted about a year after Gracie. She is also a rescue from SC, from an unwanted litter of someone's pet. She is of totally unknown breed lineage, but we suspect she has some Rat Terrier in her based on some physical characteristics and the unrelenting attention she gives the local chipmunk population. Maddie and Gracie are BFFs and are an unending source of entertainment for my wife and I.
    There's a great face

My kid's bodyguard at 9 weeks of age.

Name:  IMG_1373.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  30.1 KB

Here is is at about 3.5 months. I have no idea why some of my pics are sideways.

Name:  IMG_1469.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  82.1 KB
    Last edited by Sensei; 05-15-2017 at 12:15 AM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by dsa View Post
    Can you recommend any good breeders of Dutch Shepherds?
    Sorry, I haven't looked at this thread in a while. As far as striped dogs, my next one will most likely come from the Netherlands. I have a friend Nate that breeds great dogs, though they are Malinois. I'm waiting for him to bring in some Dutchie blood. His breedings are all KNPV titled dogs males and females that he imports and just about every breeding he has has produced a high number of police K9's that are social man eaters. If you want to check it out www.leftcoastk9.com you'll have to be put on a waiting list. But will will be hard pressed to find a better dog in the US.

Name:  IMG_4918.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  96.8 KB

Looking a little slim - down about 10-15 lbs. Knucklehead is totally picky about food.

Just chillin, catching some rays.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

I grew up owning dogs. And have always loved dogs. Alas, when I met my wife, she had two cats (and I had a Chinese betta) and unfortunately the series of apartments we've lived in, during the intervening 10-years never allowed more than a two-pet limit. So, I became a cat owner. After more than a decade of pining, we finally got a condo where we can have more than two pets. So...

Ford to the Rescue! The shelter called him an Irish Setter mix. Now, I've never seen an Irish Setter that wasn't red, and he does have some small red splotches, but he is obviously...not mostly red. None-the-less he definitely has some Setter-like behaviors. He's very calm when everyone else is calm, but excitable to the extreme. He likes all the other animals on the planet and all the other people on the planet...Unless they are outside of his apartment. In which case, he is growler and barker not afraid to let you know someone is afoot outside (perfect for us).

We stopped by the shelter (Wright-Way Rescue in Morton Grove, IL) on Saturday. And both of us fell in love with him in an instant. It's been an interesting few days as we return to realities of puppy ownership (he's 6-months old!). But he's taking pretty well to crate training and this morning we took a two-hour nap on the living room floor...

Name:  19029544_10109782863574850_2573949304323860703_n.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  37.6 KB

That's a great looking dog. Those are English setter markings.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    That's a great looking dog. Those are English setter markings.
    Agreed on both counts. Congrats, RR! And good on ya for doing the rescue thing.

Ford is making himself at home..clearly. His older feline brothers, however, are still displeased with his presence. We haven't forced the introductions between them. But the friendlier cat has made himself known and we're thinking we might be able to start getting them used to one another starting this weekend. Our goal is tolerance, the dog is just a puppy who desperately wants to play with any animal. The cats are grumpy old man cats who want to sleep, poop, and eat. We've got to socialize the dog so he ignores the cats and that should help the situation along nicely.

Name:  IMG_1983.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  57.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1984.JPG
Views: 686
Size:  83.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1985.JPG
Views: 681
Size:  78.4 KB

He's a puppy? He's gonna be a big doggie.

User Tag List