Page 194 of 249 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2485

Thread: Pets!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Miniature snow-zer during the recent unpleasantness in Texas.
    She wasn’t having it at first (never seen snow before), then we couldn’t keep her out of it.

Very familiar look for me - most of the dogs we had when I was growing up were schnauzers. And 5e first we had after my wife and I got together, too.

Name:  1AD52FA1-CB4F-472C-9A56-F3A4BAEDFAA3.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  34.7 KB

Some dogs are shadows. Some dogs are stalkers!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Name:  1AD52FA1-CB4F-472C-9A56-F3A4BAEDFAA3.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  34.7 KB

Some dogs are shadows. Some dogs are stalkers!
    So, some dogs are cats ;-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Bentley really wants that pup-a-chino. He does pretty good being a 8 9 month old puppy.

Name:  Bentley - 1.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  52.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JFK View Post
    Bentley really wants that pup-a-chino. He does pretty good being a 8 9 month old puppy.

Name:  Bentley - 1.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  52.3 KB
    You're doing very well if you have a 9 month old 'Doodle and only his eyes and tail are moving in the presence of treats!
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    We call him Chunk, Chunky, Chunky Monkey...and when we're not into the whole brevity thing, Chunkles the Cat.

The name stuck when he was a kitten...he was wider than he was long.

He's a prolific hunter...and he generally likes to play with his food before eating. I walked out into the driveway one day and he was trotting up the street with this new friend hanging from his mouth. He toyed with it for a minute or two before devouring it in about 8 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    Not pets, exactly, but wife and daughter’s current project. They found a nest of flying squirrels in the attic while getting holiday dishes down.
    It's been a while since you posted about them - what ever happened with the flying squirrels? Were you able to release them back into the wild?

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    You're doing very well if you have a 9 month old 'Doodle and only his eyes and tail are moving in the presence of treats!
    He does well. His counter part is about 10 months older and is a great dog. The two together though need work.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    It's been a while since you posted about them - what ever happened with the flying squirrels? Were you able to release them back into the wild?
    Funny that you should ask and I happen to login and see your post this morning (I've been away from PF for a bit). We did release them once they were eating mostly acorns and seed, weren't very interested in milk, and wanted to get away and explore rather than hang out on/with us. I forget exactly how many weeks they were, but it was right about the time everything we read said they should be weaned and ready to be on their own. The last pictures I have of them are from the end of December, so it was around that time.

Last night it was raining hard and I woke up around midnight to the sound of water dripping hard on the ceiling above our bed (or so I thought). The attic is above us - the attic where we originally found the squirrel nest. I got up and went into the attic to see if I needed to deal with a roof leak and...there was an adult flying squirrel starring back at me from the top of the box with our fake Christmas tree in it. That box is directly over our bed. He or she looked at me for a couple of seconds and then casually walked off the box to a nearby table and out from under the roof. The squirrel was close enough that I could have grabbed it, had to walk closer to me to get to the table, and yet didn't seem panicked at all. I wasn't about to try grabbing some random flying squirrel, but I couldn't help wondering if that was one of the little ones we'd released since it didn't seem to mind my presence. I suppose it is more likely the mom coming back to her old nesting place. There was no sign of a water leak, but some of our fall and Christmas decorations were scattered on the attic floor just above our bedroom. I think it was trying to identify a new nest spot. We cleaned the attic quite well after finding the other nest. Looks like we'll have to work a bit harder to close up whatever holes they are crawling through. As cute and fun as they are, it doesn't seem like a good idea to let our attic be a flying squirrel habitat...

User Tag List