Page 159 of 250 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2494

Thread: Pets!

The canine face of bamboozlement.
    This went on for 5 minutes or more, with the squirrel doing a Spider Man around the tree, and the dog not smart enough to look up [emoji41]
    An apex predator, she is not.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    All dogs should have a late afternoon sun chair.
    Max agrees. Or...perhaps a “sun couch”.

Interesting tidbit.... The stuffed toy he has is one of 3 that he equates to each of our kids. One is off living on his own, the other two are in college. When on the phone, and jf we put it on speaker, he will go grab the toy associated with the sibling we are talking to. Quite amazing. If we tell him “Where’s Nick? Go get Nick!”...he returns with the appropriate toy as well. Start the pressure washer or the lawnmower? He hides. Bring out a rifle or any firearm? His tail won’t stop wagging. He’s very gentle with the toys too. Other stuff he’ll shred and rip out the stuffing. The kids’ ones?...TLC.

He’s an odd duck!

Name:  ABA05692-356A-4756-B4B9-BCDEADDCAAD2.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  52.3 KB
    Last edited by entropy; 08-04-2019 at 02:33 PM.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Site Supporter

Toby in the Wind River Range 08/03/2019

Name:  Toby at Deer Park.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  39.4 KB

We've had a German Shepherd for a few years now, and my wife has grown to love him. She's not really a dog person, but he is an amazing dog and won her over. A few months ago my wife started pitching the idea of getting a smaller dog, perhaps a Chihuahua, as friend for Jake. He seems to love taking care of smaller animals, especially our cat and (now deceased) guinea pig. I've never had small dogs. My wife had wiener dogs when she was a kid, so I'm not sure were the Chihuahua idea came from, but there it was.

We went out for dinner last Friday to restaurant that is in a local hotel. Unknown to us, our local animal shelter started an interesting program: Suite Pets. They put an adoptable dog in the lobby of the hotel for people to spend time with. You can even spend the night with the dog if you are staying in the hotel. The hotel has all of the dog's paperwork, so you can adopt right there. Well, guess what was hanging out in the lobby of the hotel: a two-year old Chihuahua. We spent almost two hours hanging out with the dog in the hotel lobby and ended bringing her home. I would never have guessed that we'd have any small dog in our house, and certainly not a Chihuahua, but she has completely won me over. She is the funnest, funniest, well-natured little dog I have ever been around. She LOVES her people and wants to be held or in someone's lap almost 24/7, and she loves to play. So far she has been tolerant of other people as well. We've heard that can be an issue with this breed, so we've been trying to expose her to as many people outside of her family as we can. So far, so good. She will shake around a new person at first, but she warms up and hasn't shown any signs of aggression. She and Jake are getting along great as well.

This is from the hotel lobby the night we adopted her:
    20190726_230815 by Steven Stelk, on Flickr

These are just random shots from the last week:

20190731_170327 by Steven Stelk, on Flickr

20190731_173610 by Steven Stelk, on Flickr

20190801_061619 by Steven Stelk, on Flickr

20190802_095210 by Steven Stelk, on Flickr

20190801_101559 by Steven Stelk, on Flickr

Congrats, man. That's great.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Name:  6B0745FE-6A28-41F6-8FAA-595EA66444B8.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  38.9 KB
    Name:  F011D042-6111-4969-AF7D-3E3376C4BCCA.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  58.0 KB

Love these 2 to death, but damn they’ve been expensive this last 30 days. Spent more time in the vets office than I care to. Amazing how much of a PITA a broken toe is for a dog. And then an ER visit for the other one. 🤦*♂️
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Name:  BF5EFD2C-6219-495E-8C11-46C811549D64.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  60.6 KB

My first K9 developed bloat in 2013 on today’s date. He was 12 and retired for two years. He was part of my Belgian Security Team. RIP Talon until we meet again. Never Forgotten.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    We've had a German Shepherd for a few years now, and my wife has grown to love him. She's not really a dog person, but he is an amazing dog and won her over. A few months ago my wife started pitching the idea of getting a smaller dog, perhaps a Chihuahua, as friend for Jake. He seems to love taking care of smaller animals, especially our cat and (now deceased) guinea pig. I've never had small dogs. My wife had wiener dogs when she was a kid, so I'm not sure were the Chihuahua idea came from, but there it was.

We went out for dinner last Friday to restaurant that is in a local hotel. Unknown to us, our local animal shelter started an interesting program: Suite Pets. They put an adoptable dog in the lobby of the hotel for people to spend time with. You can even spend the night with the dog if you are staying in the hotel. The hotel has all of the dog's paperwork, so you can adopt right there. Well, guess what was hanging out in the lobby of the hotel: a two-year old Chihuahua. We spent almost two hours hanging out with the dog in the hotel lobby and ended bringing her home. I would never have guessed that we'd have any small dog in our house, and certainly not a Chihuahua, but she has completely won me over. She is the funnest, funniest, well-natured little dog I have ever been around. She LOVES her people and wants to be held or in someone's lap almost 24/7, and she loves to play. So far she has been tolerant of other people as well. We've heard that can be an issue with this breed, so we've been trying to expose her to as many people outside of her family as we can. So far, so good. She will shake around a new person at first, but she warms up and hasn't shown any signs of aggression. She and Jake are getting along great as well.

This is from the hotel lobby the night we adopted her:
    20190726_230815 by Steven Stelk, on Flickr

These are just random shots from the last week:

20190731_170327 by Steven Stelk, on Flickr

20190731_173610 by Steven Stelk, on Flickr

20190801_061619 by Steven Stelk, on Flickr

20190802_095210 by Steven Stelk, on Flickr

20190801_101559 by Steven Stelk, on Flickr
    Good on you and your wife for providing a loving home!
    I swear that dog is grinning in that last picture!!
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    ^^^ WifeGBiv brought home a Chihuahua a while back. It parked itself under her desk and growled at me every time I walked into the room. Lasted about a week before the dog was returned to the shelter.

No Bueno.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List