Page 198 of 249 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2485

Thread: Pets!

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Sorry @JAD, the pain of their loss seems to be the price we pay for the joy they bring us.
    Indeed.

Condolences, JAD. It's always too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    One keeps my toes warm in bed, the other brings back the sticks I throw.... they aren' t military working dogs, just pets that hang out with us every now and then at our boathouse, I'm with the amphibous raids section at 2nd EOTG. Today we were conducting small boat ops and had to wait for the intercoastal to be clear so they got to swim for a bit...
    Sounds cool. Being able to take my dog with me to work was something I always wanted to do.
    I heard that up the road from my camp the recon guys had a dog hanging out. Legend has they put the dog in a duffel bag for a night jump. Supposedly they found the duffel full of crap and never saw the dog again.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Marvin passed away at the hands of a gentle vet ten days ago. He was sixteen, blind, deaf, and crippled by arthritis; he started to lose weight (down to 6.5 from his usual 8 pounds) and I decided it was time. Got to be the bad guy with the family — that’s a father’s role I guess sometimes.

He was named Marvin after Marvin the Martian, because that’s how he walked.

Attachment 70815
    Sorry for your loss...
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Beardies are pretty cool. Beautiful colors on that one.
    Thank you, this one is definitely fitting in. He hangs out with me in the morning when I'm drinking coffee. and sometimes falls back asleep while holding him.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Marvin passed away at the hands of a gentle vet ten days ago.
    My deepest condolences.

Name:  TheGoodbye.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  28.6 KB

Site Supporter
    Marvin passed away at the hands of a gentle vet ten days ago. He was sixteen, blind, deaf, and crippled by arthritis; he started to lose weight (down to 6.5 from his usual 8 pounds) and I decided it was time. Got to be the bad guy with the family — that’s a father’s role I guess sometimes.

He was named Marvin after Marvin the Martian, because that’s how he walked.

Attachment 70815
    So sorry to hear that JAD. You definitely did the right thing for the old pup.

They trust us to tell them when it is time to go out, when it is time to walk, when it is time to play, when it is time to eat and when it is time for bed. It is only right that the good pack leader tells them when it is time to finally rest. Be a good pack leader.

My condolences, @JAD.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

After 12 years we lost Brock last week. I've been building an album of every picture from puppy to now, and even dealing with seizures the past 2 years and more recently needing wheels for mobility he was always happy, curious and loving.

@t1tan and @JAD sorry to hear that.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List