Page 187 of 249 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2485

Thread: Pets!

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    On the walk two days ago, the girl dog walked straight into a metal pole. Wham. Bong! Good thing her head is hard. I looked down and asked, "Did you not see the pole?" I didn't get an answer, but dog's expression made it seem like she was blaming me for walking her into the pole.
    And here I thought it was the Pole that was reputed to have the hard head.

(Forgive me my (innocently intended) trespasses. It feels good to make a joke without fear of politically correct retribution.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    And here I thought it was the Pole that was reputed to have the hard head.

(Forgive me my (innocently intended) trespasses. It feels good to make a joke without fear of politically correct retribution.)
    You could get bitten by a dog for telling jokes that bad.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    Not quite what I had in mind when I told him to get in the car.

Attachment 62225
    I think he thinks you owe him money.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    On the walk two days ago, the girl dog walked straight into a metal pole. Wham. Bong! Good thing her head is hard. I looked down and asked, "Did you not see the pole?" I didn't get an answer, but dog's expression made it seem like she was blaming me for walking her into the pole.
    Her name wouldn't be Caldonia would it?

Caldonia! Caldonia!
    What make your big head so hard?

Attachment 62225
    Wut Hooman dog go in car
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Well, Seth has been a goner for about three months, just got too many candles on his birthday cake. It seemed weird because we had him for such a seemingly short time. He lived a long life and was fourteen, but we took him in when he was about seven. He pretty much came to us, and really needed a place to land, and we took him in thinking if nothing else we could help him transition somewhere else, a plan that held up for about an hour. Seven years later I was not sure about ever starting that cycle of life again, except that it was obvious my wife was constantly looking at a breed specific FB group page. Constantly...

On the way home Saturday she says "When I brought this up I expected you to say it was too far and you just said Road Trip!"

So we made a 1500mi loop to go retrieve our first girl dog, Cami (when you adopt ya do not get to choose names). I am sure we drove past thousands of other suitable dogs on our way there and back, but we tend to do dumb shit like that in this household, just for reasons.

And she is great! Not yet 2yo, so she is a frisky puppy that knows not to crap in the house (so far, anyway). She is fun and fitting in great, and she has only been here about 30hrs. And when MrsMMc said female I set my expectations a little smaller. Seth was kinda puny (probably a puppy mill thing, he had inbreeding type issues) and Astro was a stocky runt (short but #65), but Cami is the largest Standard we have had, and probably already over #50.

Anyway, this is the Gallery:
    Name:  100009100373_170296.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  50.9 KB
    Name:  20201024_124710.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  69.6 KB
    Name:  20201024_164443.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  31.2 KB

Attachment 62225
    Lol. That looks familiar. Jake always goes with us on road trips, so he's confused when I go to work alone in the morning. This is often the face I get.

Site Supporter
    Sasha goes everywhere with me so she is used to the car, including long drives. But we’ve just started on our first real vacation since getting her, out to Zion andBryce Natl parks and the surrounding areas. She was an angel in the car, no problem with 7 hours of driving yesterday. But she was also like a battery storing up energy. Sheesh, she is bouncing off the walls this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Sasha goes everywhere with me so she is used to the car, including long drives. But we’ve just started on our first real vacation since getting her, out to Zion andBryce Natl parks and the surrounding areas. She was an angel in the car, no problem with 7 hours of driving yesterday. But she was also like a battery storing up energy. Sheesh, she is bouncing off the walls this morning.
    Beautiful country. We went by motorcycle and after leaving Bryce we went up to Loa / Torray, did Capitol Reef and then circled around east and came down toward Mexican Hat and Monument Valley, taking in what there was to see (and some spectacular rides) along the way.

Enjoy your trip.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Well, Seth has been a goner for about three months, just got too many candles on his birthday cake. It seemed weird because we had him for such a seemingly short time. He lived a long life and was fourteen, but we took him in when he was about seven. He pretty much came to us, and really needed a place to land, and we took him in thinking if nothing else we could help him transition somewhere else, a plan that held up for about an hour. Seven years later I was not sure about ever starting that cycle of life again, except that it was obvious my wife was constantly looking at a breed specific FB group page. Constantly...

On the way home Saturday she says "When I brought this up I expected you to say it was too far and you just said Road Trip!"

So we made a 1500mi loop to go retrieve our first girl dog, Cami (when you adopt ya do not get to choose names). I am sure we drove past thousands of other suitable dogs on our way there and back, but we tend to do dumb shit like that in this household, just for reasons.

And she is great! Not yet 2yo, so she is a frisky puppy that knows not to crap in the house (so far, anyway). She is fun and fitting in great, and she has only been here about 30hrs. And when MrsMMc said female I set my expectations a little smaller. Seth was kinda puny (probably a puppy mill thing, he had inbreeding type issues) and Astro was a stocky runt (short but #65), but Cami is the largest Standard we have had, and probably already over #50.

Anyway, this is the Gallery:
    Name:  100009100373_170296.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  50.9 KB
    Name:  20201024_124710.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  69.6 KB
    Name:  20201024_164443.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  31.2 KB
    Standard poodles are deep-thinking rowdy hunting dogs that just happen to have rock star haircuts. Good on you!
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List