Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Factory ammo, specifically Federal, but other too

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Those are some interesting observations. I keep a log on my guns. With these specific guns it is hard to do analysis at times since I was effin around with different spring weights and I am sure that at some points I went unrealistically low. That said, at spring weights that conventional wisdom would suggest reliable functioning, I seem to have had more light strikes with the Federal than CCI Lawman. So I do have my doubts if factory Fed ammo is that soft.
    I don't know man, I think you are just going to have to shoot 150pf Lawman in matches from now on....
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Have you tried Sellier & Bellot ammo? CZ pistols are being tested with various ammo available on the marked, but S&B being make in the country (CZ) is definitely tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Honza View Post
    Have you tried Sellier & Bellot ammo? CZ pistols are being tested with various ammo available on the marked, but S&B being make in the country (CZ) is definitely tested.
    YVK is shooting a Tanfo, so I think he must need Fiocchi instead of S&B...
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Hehe, outsmarted myself. Well played, sir

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I don't know man, I think you are just going to have to shoot 150pf Lawman in matches from now on....
    With Shadow 2 you pretty much need 150 pf to have any feedback that something is leaving the barrel. Anything lighter feels like a squib. Hey, I've heard you had a squib recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Honza View Post
    Honza, I'll be testing that gun with all sorts of ammo. Everybody tells me that 13 lbs mainspring is supposed to light up everything in a CZ.
    Last edited by YVK; 10-22-2017 at 09:49 PM.

my buddy has a Shadow 2 (that I desperately want ) and he swears by the S&B 124.
    when I shot it using that ammo it was like shooting a freaking .22
    I want one so bad LOL!

update 7 months later. I've had my own shadow 2 since January, I dropped in the 13# hammer return spring and (although supposedly don't need it with this spring)
    the extended firing pin and lighter firing pin spring that comes with it.
    For matches we (my buddy shoots a Target II now in competitions) we roll our own 147 and 124.
    With Factory ammo I've never had any issues with any light strikes. My usual is S&B 124, Aguila 124 and lawman 124
    for 147 it's American Eagle and once in a while Lawman.
    No issues with any of these.
    I shot a match 2 weeks ago using JJr Ammo 147(shot about 200 rounds at the match) and had no issues with that either.
    I have the 11# spring and lighter trigger return springs sitting in a bag, I'm undecided if i want to mess with something that is working as well as it is just to get a bit
    of a lighter DA pull.
    Last edited by kmanick; 05-13-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Just ran approx 850 rounds of AE 147 gn. through a G19.3 with zero issues. 200 rounds before class then 650 in John Murphy's Carry class. One 6 hour session, stock G19.3

User Tag List