Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Duty rifle purchasing help

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    The Colt 6933 sounds like it would do what you are looking for with all the support and parts availability.
    Yeah I think you're right. It's likely the best bang for the buck out there for what we want. I just need to get one or two for T&E so the bean counters can handle one and get the warm and fuzzies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    Yeah I think you're right. It's likely the best bang for the buck out there for what we want. I just need to get one or two for T&E so the bean counters can handle one and get the warm and fuzzies.
    They are LOUD! If your job won't shell out for cans, you will need them to get active ear pro like Sordins or Comtacs for everyone. Thread mount cans from Gemtech are relatively cheap. The cost of the 6933 and a can would likely be less than a shorty HK 416 alone.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the input. I'll take note of the 11.5" vs 10.3" DI issues. We are issued the EoTech's and most, including me like them a lot and they have given us great service.
    1) Talk to PF member Wayne Dobbs. He is one of Colt's armorer school instructors and a wealth of knowledge.

2) Re DI guns- Until the MK 18 was spec'ed out by the Navy Colt refused to make guns shorter than 11.5". They run. As Gadfly noted both our agency and the FBI issue 11.5" DI Colt M4's. They also run.

3) You are selecting guns for warrant service and entries. Shorter barrels and piston guns really only make sense when running suppressed. 10" and shorter guns generate significant blast and overpressure when fired indoors. You and your team mates may wear ear pro but what about 3rd parties present? If you are not going to run them with suppressors why buy 10" guns? If budget is an issue, why pay more for piston guns ?
    Last edited by HCM; 10-14-2017 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    1) Talk to PF member Wayne Dobbs. He is one of Colt's armorer school instructors and a wealth of knowledge.

2) Re DI guns- Until the MK 18 was spec'ed out by the Navy Colt refused to make guns shorter than 11.5". They run. As Gadfly noted both our agency and the FBI issue 11.5" DI Colt M4's. They also run.

3) You are selecting guns for warrant service and entries. Shorter barrels and piston guns really only make sense when running suppressed. 10" and shorter guns generate significant blast and overpressure when fired indoors. You and your team mates may wear ear pro but what about 3rd parties present? If you are not going to run them with suppressors why buy 10" guns? If budget is an issue, why pay more for piston guns ?
    Believe me, I know the huge benefits of a suppressed gun. I'm still issued an MP5SD and love it but the 5.56 guns are whats being pushed and up for replacement. If I can get the cans approved that would be great. Fact is we need new rifles and SBR's are more suited for what we do.

Site Supporter
    Believe me, I know the huge benefits of a suppressed gun. I'm still issued an MP5SD and love it but the 5.56 guns are whats being pushed and up for replacement. If I can get the cans approved that would be great. Fact is we need new rifles and SBR's are more suited for what we do.
    Surpressed is nice to have but if budget is an issue, quality 11.5" or 12.5" DI guns would be the best place to start.

Colt, BCM, SIONICS and Sons of Liberty all make vetted 11.5" and 12.5" guns.

I have no personal experience with them, but Barnes Precision Machine is in NC and comes highly recommended. Might be worth a call.

Might be worth getting in touch with Jack Leuba, AKA @Failure2Stop, and see if KAC has anything to offer? The SR-16 CQB Mod 2 is suppose to be pretty sweet.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 10-14-2017 at 10:57 PM.

Sionics Weapon Systems make an excellent rifle.

They also have an 11" barrel with a Reduced Gas Port that runs with/without a suppressor with MilSpec ammo.

http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/store2015/

tp
    Last edited by tango-papa; 10-14-2017 at 11:15 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Might be worth getting in touch with Jack Leuba, AKA @Failure2Stop, and see if KAC has anything to offer? The SR-16 CQB Mod 2 is suppose to be pretty sweet.
    Great guns. USSS issues 11.5" KAC 16's. A bit pricey though, even at Agency price.

My SWAT team uses a mixture of Colt 6933s and the Bravo Company equivalent version. Both run great and we’re about the same price IIRC.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

If youre still in NC contact Barnes Precision Machine in Apex. Hes getting a lot of business locally...SHP RRT is running his 11 inch uppers now and they swear by them. They also have the option for suppressors. FWIW, they are putting thousands of rounds through them with no issues.
    Last edited by KeeFus; 10-15-2017 at 05:11 AM.

User Tag List