Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ruger Gunsite Scout scope setup

Here’s what I’ve got running so far. I probably PE’d a bit with my questions here, without really doing all of my due diligence on Scout rifles. I spent the last week reading in between patients.

I initially zeroed the irons, and was really pleased with the recoil impulse, ease of loading, and trigger pull weight of the rifle. For as light as it is, the muzzle break does a great job of dumbing the recoil down to that of an M4. I could very easily shoot this all day, a thousand times.

One thing I didn’t like is the metal Ruger OEM magazines. They are like an M14 magazine that tapers up into two very sharp feed lips that don’t allow the user to easily push rounds down into the magazine. They load like a giant pistol mag, from the front of the magazine.

So, I ordered a bunch of the Ruger OEM plastic mags, which alleviate all of the aforementioned issues. I like the reduction in actual volume of the box itself. I put the H1 with a ADM low mount and the Murray Leather quick slide holster on it. I may get another rifle identical or at least in the Ruger Scout line, ditch the rear sight, and use the factory Low rings to mount a LPV and add it to my GP rifle case. We’ll see. All of the other GP rifles are 45-70. So, you know...ouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neatest thing I've found about these rifles is that yes it does sound like a bomb going off at the end of a 16" barrel, but the recoil is so mild on these that you truly forget that it's a 6lb .308. The squishy recoil pad and stock shape are just magical in my eyes.

Also noticed that in spite of being a tall guy, the people's dentist is running the GSR with no stock spacers.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Neatest thing I've found about these rifles is that yes it does sound like a bomb going off at the end of a 16" barrel, but the recoil is so mild on these that you truly forget that it's a 6lb .308. The squishy recoil pad and stock shape are just magical in my eyes.

Also noticed that in spite of being a tall guy, the people's dentist is running the GSR with no stock spacers.
    Indeed. The shorter, the better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put 75 rounds through my GSR today. Scout scope holding zero just fine. Took that off for a bit to check the irons and they're dead on as well. I like having options with this thing!

User Tag List