Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: The PF ICE (gas engine) generator thread

Also would you guys buy a generator with low hours say under 10 that was used?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

depends on the price, really.
    I'd want to see it run with a load on it before handing over cash. a couple space heaters plugged in is a good enough test.
    I'd then plan on doing an immediate oil change at the very least.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

FWIW, I decided to go ahead and take advantage of the $100 discount on the Generac through costco.com that expires tomorrow 8/4. I may yet still wind up with the Harbor Freight inverter as well, but with hurricane season upon us I didn't want to miss out on the discount.

Now to come up with the $50k for new windows so I don't have to run around the house with an impact driver, hammer drill, and cart full of plywood like some kind of day laborer every time the Atlantic sneezes at me...

Quote Originally Posted by Sasage View Post
    Still liking that HF3500?

On sale for $699 again and hurricane season is coming.

Already have a Pulsar PG2000iS.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    I love it, I can’t recommend it enough. There’s no other locally supported (at your local HF store) generator Thor can compare.
    #RESIST

HEAD'S UP!

https://www.harborfreight.com/3500-W...cyIn0%3D%0D%0A
    $698 on sale (reg: $800)
    Probably only good until close of biz Sunday.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 08-24-2019 at 03:17 PM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3

Damn, I need to get on this, lost power 2x already this year.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I'm still a proponent of their 8750 generator.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    FWIW, I decided to go ahead and take advantage of the $100 discount on the Generac through costco.com that expires tomorrow 8/4. I may yet still wind up with the Harbor Freight inverter as well, but with hurricane season upon us I didn't want to miss out on the discount.

Now to come up with the $50k for new windows so I don't have to run around the house with an impact driver, hammer drill, and cart full of plywood like some kind of day laborer every time the Atlantic sneezes at me...
    Finally ran the new Generac over the weekend. electric start on a generator was new to me and pretty cool.

One potential point of concern for me in the future is that the gas is sucked up from the top of the tank and there's no drain plug, so from a seasonal-storage perspective I'm not sure how that'll work out.

As good a place as any to ask this...

Gas storage? In the construction industry it’s metal cans only, but I’m open to plastic if it’s stable in a hot garage for storage. Found some round steel cans but they are expensive (may be what it is, and that’s ok) but seems to me that square would be easier to store. Links to specific products appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Finally ran the new Generac over the weekend. electric start on a generator was new to me and pretty cool.

One potential point of concern for me in the future is that the gas is sucked up from the top of the tank and there's no drain plug, so from a seasonal-storage perspective I'm not sure how that'll work out.
    No fuel line that you can pull/unclamp?
    #RESIST

User Tag List