Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: The PF ICE (gas engine) generator thread

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    Yeah, if that was available it would be "Shut up and take my money" time. Or if they offered a parallel kit for the 3500 setup. The wife wanted a better setup than my old 5kw setup so looking to new setups and a 7kw Predator inverter generator would be the heat.
    There’s a parallel kit for the 3500, stand by.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    There’s a parallel kit for the 3500, stand by.
    Firman 1201.

https://amzn.to/2MRWBUJ

#RESIST

I want a 48VDC generator, to pair up with a battery pack and one of these...
    https://www.sigineer.com/product/120...c-split-phase/

thinking, if the generator is activated periodically to charge up the batteries (aka, runs at it's most efficient output and one that's higher than average draw), you'd be able to keep noise to a minimum. Hell if you did it right, I bet you could go all night without a generator source kicking off to charge everything back up.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

actually... whoa....
    https://theinverterstore.com/product...ter-generator/

6600 Watt 120/240V AC Portable Pure Sine Inverter Generator
    $2,073.00

ok, it's not cheap, but it's a 240V INVERTER generator.
    that's... interesting.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    actually... whoa....
    https://theinverterstore.com/product...ter-generator/
    6600 Watt 120/240V AC Portable Pure Sine Inverter Generator
    $2,073.00

ok, it's not cheap, but it's a 240V INVERTER generator.
    that's... interesting.
    Damn, if that was cheaper, would buy.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Well that definitely changes thing for my plans. Thank you sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Damn, if that was cheaper, would buy.
    The pricing is in line with the scaling factor used for standard generators, just the absolute level of cost is up there.
    For that price You're deep into 12kW < 5% THD v-twin spin-on oil filter equipped units.
    Still, it's tempting. If my 5500w Husky unit can run 16.5 hours on 5 gallons gas, I wonder how much more fuel efficient that inverter unit would be.

I wish someone would take one if these inverter units and give it an optional battery port for power storage.

Also, did you know they're making LiFePo4 12v 200Ah deep cycle batteries now? 4000 cycles @ 100% discharge rate. Not cheap at $1700/battery, but they're out there. Compared to AGMs, LiFePo4 destroy in terms of longevity (20x estimated).

Someone gimme $20k and I'll do some ideas testing for P-F.

I already bought my 8kw Generac, and plan on buying one of the HF inverters, but...

In hindsight I might have just bought two of the inverters and chained them together when needed. However, since this is mostly about "feeling" secure there's something about having the big boy that makes me feel better about it. Even if I can't get it into the truck by myself.

I would have felt better on our worrycane hurrication if I'd have been able to drag along at least some sort of emergency power.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I already bought my 8kw Generac, and plan on buying one of the HF inverters, but...

In hindsight I might have just bought two of the inverters and chained them together when needed. However, since this is mostly about "feeling" secure there's something about having the big boy that makes me feel better about it. Even if I can't get it into the truck by myself.

I would have felt better on our worrycane hurrication if I'd have been able to drag along at least some sort of emergency power.
    Your Generac can handle big duties like AC/ fridge, etc especially if you get that switch installed on the house and the HF inverter is easily man portable, so I think your reasoning is sound.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Can you run then on ECO mode for any of what you do?

I got one of the little Hondas to run a small window AC unit, it wouldnt kick the compressor over reliably on ECO mode, but ran fine once it was on. I got a hard start capacitor ($12) and it now kicks the compressor over easily on ECO mode, I get 6+ hrs out of a tank of fuel. Not sure on total time it will run, I dont have an hour meter and try not to let it run completely out.

http://www.modmyrv.com/2009/05/27/rv...tart-capacitor
    I've found ECO only works for simultaneously powering a lamp, fan, and charging phones. Anything past that, and it kicks up. The biggest thing I care to run is our refrigerator, and I tend to run it on a 2:1 ratio. One hour on, half hour off. It's full power the complete time it's on.

User Tag List