Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: The PF ICE (gas engine) generator thread

I just wish they'd come out with a 240V inverter generator with electric start. I found a briggs and Stratton in 5000/6500 config for $1419 shipped, but it's pull start only.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I just wish they'd come out with a 240V inverter generator with electric start. I found a briggs and Stratton in 5000/6500 config for $1419 shipped, but it's pull start only.
    Two of LL’s harbor freight inv gens and parallel cables can be had for about $1400 total and give 240v. You can do the same with the smaller units too.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Two of LL’s harbor freight inv gens and parallel cables can be had for about $1400 total and give 240v. You can do the same with the smaller units too.
    ummm... the parallel cables don't make 240V, they just double the current at 110v.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I am experiencing a power outage right now; a very sudden storm with 70MPH winds hit my AO and knocked out the power about five hours ago. It is somewhat warm and very humid here; therefore I am using my Harbor Freight 3500w inverter genny to power my fridge, a lamp, a couple of chargers, and a window mounted AC. These devices are pulling 1.9 amps from my generator. The generator started instantly (push button, battery powered starter), and is running quietly, doing work.

Folks, this generator is THE one to get.
    Instantly thought of this thread last night when that storm blew through. Really tempted to pick one up. Thankfully i didnt lose power.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

ummm... the parallel cables don't make 240V, they just double the current at 110v.
    Ah Poop. You’re right and I’m dumb.
    David S.

Good news: Honda Power Equipment EU7000IAT1

Bad News: Price: $4,988.95 & FREE Shipping
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

FWIW, I printed up LL's coupon for $659 and they gave me that price adjustment. That coupon works!

Quote Originally Posted by tanner View Post
    FWIW, I printed up LL's coupon for $659 and they gave me that price adjustment. That coupon works!
    You’re going to love that genny, congrats.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Ah Poop. You’re right and I’m dumb.
    Is ok. common mistake. now if they DID do that, that would rule.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    You’re going to love that genny, congrats.
    Got us through one power outage already. Startup was a breeze.

Oil change done, fuel stabilized, and it is ready to go for the next one.

User Tag List