Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: The PF ICE (gas engine) generator thread

so here's a funny for you...

We're leaving for the storm but I was hoping to take the generator. Goddamn thing is too heavy for wife and I to lift in/out of the truck, and I never did order those ramps I've been meaning to, so it's staying here and a friend will borrow it if he needs it.

FML

Knew I shoulda picked up that damn inverter from Harbor Freight!

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    so here's a funny for you...

We're leaving for the storm but I was hoping to take the generator. Goddamn thing is too heavy for wife and I to lift in/out of the truck, and I never did order those ramps I've been meaning to, so it's staying here and a friend will borrow it if he needs it.

FML

Knew I shoulda picked up that damn inverter from Harbor Freight!
    Yeah, I can handle that inverter myself. Good luck man, keep us posted. Take care of your family.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Is this for your house? Specs look decent for an inverter but I am sure those are loud. It would suck at an RV park.

I have been running my 8000w once a month and its loud. I might slowly buy the Predator 3500w, and then another, to quietly power stuff down the road. A single 3500W Pred can also go camping with us.

In the past, my old Kipor has been used to run the refrigerator. It should power an oil filled heater if it came down to it as well.
    It’s for the house, I only need it for a fridge/freezer, stand alone freezer, and a 5k btu window unit. And of course phone chargers and what not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oil change time.

Name:  4E0D7F48-6E8B-4ED1-8CC2-85593B26197E.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  80.7 KB
    #RESIST

Pic from early in the week, getting everything up and checked for Dorian.

Couldn't be happier with these two Honda EU2000i inverters. They've proven very reliable, and quite versatile with the parallel kit. One and only downside is that you have two generators to service, but I appreciate having the redundant backup. I rarely run two in parallel, as I don't try to power my house (fuel conservation) during outages, just keep the fridge running, some lights, and fans. Yamaha now makes similar models. Probably worth a look.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 1.26.17 PM.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  45.6 KB

Harbor Freight builds them well. Note the sound insulation.

Name:  CB27D552-EC37-4809-8988-B6AA72890504.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  57.7 KB
    #RESIST

Briggs and Stratton just released a 6500w starting / 5000w steady, inverter generator! I’d prefer an HF Predator 7000watt or so inverter genny, but this looks really, really good.

https://amzn.to/2NNJnrO
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Pic from early in the week, getting everything up and checked for Dorian.

Couldn't be happier with these two Honda EU2000i inverters. They've proven very reliable, and quite versatile with the parallel kit. One and only downside is that you have two generators to service, but I appreciate having the redundant backup. I rarely run two in parallel, as I don't try to power my house (fuel conservation) during outages, just keep the fridge running, some lights, and fans. Yamaha now makes similar models. Probably worth a look.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 1.26.17 PM.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  45.6 KB
    Can you run then on ECO mode for any of what you do?

I got one of the little Hondas to run a small window AC unit, it wouldnt kick the compressor over reliably on ECO mode, but ran fine once it was on. I got a hard start capacitor ($12) and it now kicks the compressor over easily on ECO mode, I get 6+ hrs out of a tank of fuel. Not sure on total time it will run, I dont have an hour meter and try not to let it run completely out.

http://www.modmyrv.com/2009/05/27/rv...tart-capacitor
    Last edited by Malamute; 09-02-2019 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Briggs and Stratton just released a 6500w starting / 5000w steady, inverter generator! I’d prefer an HF Predator 7000watt or so inverter genny, but this looks really, really good.

that, at that price, and with electric start, would be tempting.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

Yeah, if that was available it would be "Shut up and take my money" time. Or if they offered a parallel kit for the 3500 setup. The wife wanted a better setup than my old 5kw setup so looking to new setups and a 7kw Predator inverter generator would be the heat.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

User Tag List