Thread: Bond arms Bullpup

Bond arms Bullpup

I just watched 3 videos on Bond Arms' web site regarding the new (for them) Bullpup 9MM.

It is worth a look-see.

https://bondarms.com/bond-arms-handg...-arms-bullpup/

I don't think it's for me, but that's a very interesting pistol, thanks for sharing. I do wish the guy in the vids shot it 2 handed to get an idea of muzzle flip/recoil on it, rather than just blasting off one handed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JDCRAB View Post
    I just watched 3 videos on Bond Arms' web site regarding the new (for them) Bullpup 9MM.

It is worth a look-see.

https://bondarms.com/bond-arms-handg...-arms-bullpup/
    I had a Boberg, back in the day (and by "back in the day" I mean, 2013). It was neat. Very slick little piece of machinery.

I had one bizarre jam within the prescribed break in period (unfired round stovepiped, bullet-end up), so I can't say it was unreliable based on that isolated incident. I ended up selling it more because I was kinda broke, and I just didn't shoot it very well. It was actually the second gun I ever owned. Just getting into guns, I was totally into oddball, uber-expensive stuff--the Boberg fit the bill. Until I realized what a DAO trigger was...

But it looks like Bond has made some nice improvements to the design. If that test video is any indication, it seems like they've nailed the reliability equation with recommended ammo. Never actually had a bullet separation with my Boberg. I shot mainly Freedom Munitions reman through it. It's a very cool little gun and I'd consider getting a Bond at some point, to sort of fill that "PPK" niche as a high-end, super-concealable gun. With more experience now, I think I could probably manage the DAO a little better.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 10-14-2017 at 05:13 PM.

I don't get it.

The video shows it having multiple malfunctions, the slide does not lock back on an empty mag, and with my large hands and a thumbs forward grip it looks like my support hand thumb would be forward of the muzzle. Is it meant to be shot single handed or something?
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    I don't get it.

The video shows it having multiple malfunctions, the slide does not lock back on an empty mag, and with my large hands and a thumbs forward grip it looks like my support hand thumb would be forward of the muzzle. Is it meant to be shot single handed or something?
    The gun will malfunction with ammo that lacks an adequate crimp on the case. He tries to show that. I watched the video a while ago, but I'm pretty sure he has 100% reliability with recommended ammo.

It's not designed to lock open on the last shot; because of the reverse feeding action, the slide going forward will not chamber a round anyway.

Definitely not a gun for everyone. Has its quirks. But it seems like they got it working just fine within the limits defined by the design.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 10-14-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Head scratch.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

After considering it, I decided to pass on this one. The only reason I was thinking about it is because of the type of mechanism that it employs. If it was a $400 gun, I would probably buy one just for novelties sake, but at ~ a grand, well, I will pass.

I did buy a Remington R51 for the sake of novelty and had fun learning how it works, but that one is a whole lot cheaper.
    Last edited by JDCRAB; 10-15-2017 at 07:25 AM.

Move slide back 1 inch=Bullpup handgun?

I did buy a Remington R51 for the sake of novelty and had fun learning how it works, but that one is a whole lot cheaper.
    Those funds could have been put to better use by purchasing a case or two of 9x19 FMJ for your CZ-75.

After considering it, I decided to pass on this one. The only reason I was thinking about it is because of the type of mechanism that it employs. If it was a $400 gun, I would probably buy one just for novelties sake, but at ~ a grand, well, I will pass.

Wow a grand? Yeah hard pass there.

User Tag List