Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RFI: Beretta ARX-100

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    "Not available online"

[emoji53]
    $849 at Bud’s. They don’t have a lot. Move fast.

Good thread if you have time to read:
    http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread....eretta-ARX-100
    Shoot more, post less...

I recently picked up a trigger pull gauge and I've been testing out all of my pistols and rifles. I wanted to share what I found on the ARX here, since it might help potential buyers get a better understanding of how the trigger breaks in over time. Initial reviews seem to indicate that, out of the box, the trigger appears to be very heavy (10+ lbs. for a lot of folks).

On my model that I've shot a fair bit, if I pull around the middle of the trigger I'm coming it at around 8.875 lbs. average pull, and if I pull at the bottom of the trigger I come in under 8.5 lbs. For reference, my Px4 Full Size in double action with the SD trigger unit (and springs) comes in at 8.5 lbs. (or thereabouts), but feels heavier than the no-travel, single stage stock trigger of the ARX which breaks around the same weight or a touch heavier.

Old thread, but I saw something online that reminded me about these. The rifles I would grab for anything serious are AR or MCX pattern, but I have a thing for oddballs. Seeing pics of these in use always remind me of shouldering a bluefin tuna, but that might be part of the appeal - the unusual appearance.

Who still has one, and what do you think about them these days for a somewhat pricey range toy?

Name:  893FCDBD-9E0B-4529-BA78-46CEDB1DB3A9.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  23.1 KB

Name:  06A1066C-333D-481B-8856-198A1E61530F.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  28.7 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Owned one for several years, sent it down the road when I sold my .223 version of the same.

Awful trigger, ran fine with Federal Automatch, takes the same mags as the hammerli versions of the AR's, pic rail held zero fine on the optics. If you get one and need some mags PM me, I think there are still some around here. The ergos of it and the 160 are the same, odd but not uncomforable. If it had a great trigger I would have kept it.

There was mention upthread of an improved trigger. I haven’t looked at that, though.

Sadly I think the days of cheap ones at Academy are long gone.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List