Thread: Sheath For An SOB Punch Dagger

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Sheath For An SOB Punch Dagger

I recently procured two SOB Punch Daggers after daggers were legalized in Texas. I'm nothing approaching an expert on blades / cutty / stabby thingies, so I won't "review" them, other than to say it seems like a well designed product to me, and I like it thus far.

Name:  sob_puncher_1.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  37.9 KB

Name:  sob_punch_2.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  35.8 KB

While the implement itself is well thoughtout, the sheaths are largely an afterthought. It seems like a piece of kydex was folded over each individual dagger, because no two sheaths seem to be exactly alike. The mounting clip does allow it to be mounted two different ways (either vertically or horizontally), but the clips are open faced and easily pull off the belt. Because the sheaths aren't uniform, they don't have the same retention, so pulling the dagger out of the sheath may or may not result in the sheath coming with it.

In short, I love the dagger, but I have no way of carrying it. Can anyone recommend a company that would make a sheath for this? I know we have several custom holster manufacturers here, and there are a number of companies that do this. I'd just like some first-hand recommendations.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I would contact Nick at bladerigs for a sheath.
    http://bladerigs.tictail.com/
    Last edited by DI1; 10-13-2017 at 05:29 PM.

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DI1 View Post
    I would contact Nick at bladerigs for a sheath.
    http://bladerigs.tictail.com/
    That'd be my first thought. This is something in our wheelhouse but we'd need the knives on hand whereas I suspect Nick wouldn't.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Personally, I prefer the Dark Star Gear option, and I would and have gone through the trouble of sending them knives to get it done. I have blade rigs style sheaths and I like them. They are particularly handy in reversibility for an asymmetric blade but that's not an issue for the dagger. But IMO the wider clip that DSG uses is better than the BR clip. Both clips will tear clothing before they pull free but the narrower bite of the BR clip seems more prone to tearing.

You can't go wrong with either, but having rolled and trained extensively with both I prefer the more secure option.

User Tag List