Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review: Ryker Nylon Gear Anke First Aid Kit (AFAK)

Review: Ryker Nylon Gear Anke First Aid Kit (AFAK)

Description:
    The Ryker Nylon Gear Ankle First Aid Kit (AFAK) weighs about 2.3oz, unloaded, has three vertical pockets and one horizontal pocket. Specifically designed for ankle carry of must have first aid/trauma items, which are retained via hook/loop tabs. Designed for any type of shoe/boot (with extension) carry.
    Click here to read the full review -> http://www.vdmsr.com/2017/10/ryker-n...t-aid-kit.html
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Hey voodoo!

Has the Ryker caused any wear to the top of your boot? I've had that issue with the US Palm one, where it rubs around the collar at my ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    Hey voodoo!

Has the Ryker caused any wear to the top of your boot? I've had that issue with the US Palm one, where it rubs around the collar at my ankle.
    Yeah, it ate the top of my blauer boots. I don't really care as I knew it would happen so I didn't add that as one of the issues. Also it can be worn around the boot but I didn't, so I expected the wear.

I don't keep my boots longer than a year or two anyway.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

My Ryker kit. I met @Pennzoil at a local medic shop and picked it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Coyotesfan97; 10-13-2017 at 06:09 PM.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I’ve been using the Ryker for the last 4 months.

It’s great, because I can use it regardless of my uniform. I typically wear a “soft” uniform, of a polo, BDUs, and an outer carrier. I keep a tourniquet on my vest, and a BFG mini trauma kit on my belt, but I have this kit on an ankle as well.

I recently had to send my carrier in for repair work, so I’m back to a class B/C uniform with no room on my belt for a med kit, but I can still keep this one on my ankle. The consistency is nice.

The one thing that’s been pointed out, is nobody knows I’m carrying this kit. So if I went down and someone came to help me, they wouldn’t know it’s there. I’ve mentioned the kit to some of the guys I work with, but I’m hoping my complete unconsciousness is a pretty unlikely scenario anyways.

All in all I love the kit. And I dig that it’s locally made.

Site Supporter
    I use on on my ankle when I can but I always have one in my messenger bag in the tablet pouch, fits perfectly, organized, and quick to pull out. That configuration I am able to overstuff it with extra gauze and a SOFTTW plus a RATS.

Thanks for doing a review Voodoo_man! It really helps people make an informed decision on if the AFAK will work for them.

Also Thank You to everyone for your business and for sharing your thoughts on the AFAK.

We just this week had another officer use the items in his AFAK only 4 days after receiving it. I don't know all the details but things must of went well as now they're equipping the entire department with AFAKs.
    Owner of Ryker Nylon Gear - Ryker Nylon Gear Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Pennzoil View Post
    Thanks for doing a review Voodoo_man! It really helps people make an informed decision on if the AFAK will work for them.

Also Thank You to everyone for your business and for sharing your thoughts on the AFAK.

We just this week had another officer use the items in his AFAK only 4 days after receiving it. I don't know all the details but things must of went well as now they're equipping the entire department with AFAKs.
    You should have a "testimonials" page on your site, where you post anon emails...
    VDMSR.com

@Pennzoil and anyone else with relevant experience:

How suitable is this for a dude that doesn't wear boots daily?

I've tried the USPalm type and ditched it due to not placing well without the extra under support of a boot. I'm currently using the TacMed because I can get it to stay in place for at least 3-4 hours before needing a readjust.

I may get one just for range work anyway, because the overall design seems superior but I'd really like to replace my current system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    @Pennzoil and anyone else with relevant experience:

How suitable is this for a dude that doesn't wear boots daily?

I've tried the USPalm type and ditched it due to not placing well without the extra under support of a boot. I'm currently using the TacMed because I can get it to stay in place for at least 3-4 hours before needing a readjust.

I may get one just for range work anyway, because the overall design seems superior but I'd really like to replace my current system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I wear the Gen1 (?) with salomon speed cross 4's and running sneakers, when I wear pants. I just make sure I wear higher-than-ankle socks due to discomfort. Otherwise, if you secure it in place properly you shouldn't have an issue.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List