Thread: D.R.A.W. School Firearms Training - Any Intel?

D.R.A.W. School Firearms Training - Any Intel?

So my agency is sending me to this five day class next month. Neither the website, nor the registration packet give much insight into what it is they teach, which gives me pause. Anyone have any knowledge as to the value of what they teach?

https://www.drawtraining.com/

Reading their website gave me raised eyebrows...... a lot of words that didn't tell me shit. The acronym is as poor as I've ever seen, but that is hardly indicative of their product.

That there isn't any relevant information provided on their site leaves me wondering as well. Since it's not far down the road from the new palace, I'd be interested in hearing your feedback.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

I spent a few minutes smoking over the website and I'll confess upfront to being a cynic, so take it for what's worth; My BS meter was sounding off like a Geiger Counter at Hiroshima in late August 1945. It's 45 miles away and the fact I've never heard of it is interesting, as well.

I took this posting on their website to be a C L U E.

https://www.drawtraining.com/news-media.html

This is innovation? Really? We're running an Academy Class (it's referred to as BLET in NC) this week as part of Basic Training and we teach these brand newbies half a dozen ways to "run the slide".

The only specifics mentioned on the entire site - about much of anything - is an entire page devoted to their BarrelBlok training device. Another C L U E in my book.
    Last edited by 41magfan; 10-14-2017 at 10:20 PM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Sigh,... Yeah, ya'll are getting the same read that I am. Hopefully this won't be some kind of Axis Re-lock level crap. Well, I've been voluntold so I'll be going. Hey, maybe it'll be just solid fundamentals and I'll get plenty of reps on that. For what they are charging, though, we would have a seriously legit instructor come in and do a three day class. I will post back up with an AAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Sigh,... Yeah, ya'll are getting the same read that I am. Hopefully this won't be some kind of Axis Re-lock level crap. Well, I've been voluntold so I'll be going. Hey, maybe it'll be just solid fundamentals and I'll get plenty of reps on that. For what they are charging, though, we would have a seriously legit instructor come in and do a three day class. I will post back up with an AAR.
    Please do .... and I didn't see tuition rates posted. If that's something you can share in a post or a PM I'd be interested in that detail, as well.
    Thanks in advance!
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Guys, I completed this training a week ago and wanted to put out an update. Short version - D.R.A.W. School training is good to go! If you have a chance to do this, take it. Super-detailed AAR here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....raining-Pistol

User Tag List