Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emergency apps with video streaming

Quote Originally Posted by John J. McCarthy, Jr. View Post
    My thinking here is if when the police arrive shots are being fired, they will know who the good guy is.
    You're not telling the cops, you're telling a call taker or dispatcher. What, if anything, they tell responding officers depends on how well they're trained and their experience.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    You're not telling the cops, you're telling a call taker or dispatcher. What, if anything, they tell responding officers depends on how well they're trained and their experience.
    No one will ever be able to predict what will happen. However in the scenario I described you can perhaps skew the odds in your favor by getting some info out there. If that info reaches the responding officers than good. If not, just deal with however things play out.
    Optimism is true moral courage. - Sir Ernest Shackleton

Banned
    Getting information out there is good but unnecessarily telling the cops you're armed is going to cause more problems than it solves.

A recent purchase I have made to help w my shooting are camera sunglasses. Easy to start with the touch of a button which can be done while wearing them and the rest is just hands free recording. I havent used them for such but think this would fit well with what is being discussed in this thread.

Note - As far as range use: Only used last weekend for the first time. The gf definitely got some good tips of mistakes she was making while watching the feedback. For me the biggest thing Ive learned is to stop friggin singing while Im shooting and things are recording me....
    Last edited by PhillySoldier; 10-26-2017 at 06:25 AM.

the real question is, can you carry a tune?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    the real question is, can you carry a tune?
    Not at all as I realized...

My electronic hearing protection has bluetooth and connects remotely to my phone. So I wind up listening to music or an audio book while I shoot. Never realized how bad it was till watching the video playback and not even having the music in the background to try and cover some of it up

Quote Originally Posted by John J. McCarthy, Jr. View Post
    The spy pen sounds like a great idea, however I wonder if some states have laws prohibiting recording a person without their knowledge.
    NH does. It's a two party consent state.

With the way everything in the world seems to be recorded nowadays, I cant see how thats even possible to enforce.

User Tag List