Thread: Active Shooter Backpack

Active Shooter Backpack

I just finished up one of my projects and thought I'd share. It's basically an adaptation of an active shooter backpack.

https://gunpowdermeditation.com/2017...ttle-backpack/

Nice article. I am going to read a few others I find interesting.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Great to see you posting more here.

I think the backpack idea is great on paper, but I think there are a few issues with it. 1: I know you carry concealed (last I looked at the Meditation it was a 226 Legion I think) so what are the odds that you get to this bag, deploy and use an AR9 instead of your carry gun? I would wager it's almost zero. In fact I think there is a serious struggle to identify a single case where a civilian has "fought to a long gun" during any scenario. 2: There may be legal implications if leave to retrieve the bag, say from a car, and then use the AR9 to end a problem. Not saying it would be a mistake, but it could cause additional headaches I would think.

There are a few upsides as well. Generally being prepared is never bad. Not enough people have training and carry medical stuff. Why 9mm in the bag? I'm guessing it was convenience, but I feel like a 5.56 or 300 Blackout would have taken up the same space and had more applications. I'm sure you have your reasons. Also, kudos for not using a "covert" tactical bag. They always look exactly like what they are trying not to.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I think the backpack idea is great on paper, but I think there are a few issues with it.
    There are. It was really just a fun project/experiment I wanted to try out. It won't be my new EDC by any means. I think most people (this thread is on a couple forums) aren't reading the last line of the article and are taking it all way too seriously.

5.56, the most common rifle round in the US and a very common round among active shooters will zip right through your armor choice.

Your med kit is a very odd combination of items in their given numbers. Points awarded for having them in little packs to pass out, however.

Your choice to deploy a long gun during an active shooter is almost assuredly going to get you smoked by responding officers as, from what I gather, you're not LE.

Your choice of knife is.....interesting. I carry a knife with me everyday...but I can think of a few things I'd rather have in a go-bag than a big combat knife......

Overall, this bag is very heavy for very little gain, and I don't see you carrying it day-in/day-out to actually make it useful.

I think there are some severe failings with your backpack and/or the role you forsee yourself filling in an active shooter event.
    Last edited by TGS; 10-12-2017 at 07:02 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    There are. It was really just a fun project/experiment I wanted to try out. It won't be my new EDC by any means. I think most people (this thread is on a couple forums) aren't reading the last line of the article and are taking it all way too seriously.
    If you're putting together a real active shooter backpack for yourself as a civilian I think you missed the mark. If you're putting together an active shooter backpack for blog hits you're probably right on.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    5.56, the most common rifle round in the US and a very common round among active shooters will zip right through your armor choice.
    I'd like to see that. If you're referring to this: https://youtu.be/oMYkEMhPsO8 That isn't my armor. This is: https://youtu.be/FfA3Qv9JjBA

I think there are some severe failings with your backpack and/or the role you forsee yourself filling in an active shooter event.
    I could say the same about your reading comprehension. Please go back and read the first line of the article and the last line.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    If you're putting together a real active shooter backpack for yourself as a civilian I think you missed the mark.
    Well, what would you suggest?

I'd like to see that. If you're referring to this: https://youtu.be/oMYkEMhPsO8 That isn't my armor. This is: https://youtu.be/FfA3Qv9JjBA.
    Your article said Level III. Level III steel isn't rated for 5.56. Devil is in the details.

I could say the same about your reading comprehension. Please go back and read the first line of the article and the last line.
    No reason to act like a bitch because somebody is pointing out faults with your bad fantasy warrior idea. I was respectful in my first post, but if that's the way you want to play it then fine.
    Last edited by TGS; 10-12-2017 at 10:06 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Your article said Level III. Level III steel isn't rated for 5.56. Devil is in the details.

No reason to act like a bitch because somebody is pointing out faults with your bad fantasy warrior idea. I was respectful in my first post, but if that's the way you want to play it then fine.
    Devil is in the details but you can't read? There is no fantasy warrior idea. Read the first sentence. Think about it for a second. Read the last sentence. Think about it how it relates to the first sentence. I have faith in you, you can do it.

User Tag List