Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your ideal pistol

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Ideal pistol?

You people have killed pistols for me. I don't have an ideal pistol anymore.

Since first posting here, I have gone from a bespoke personal weapon which cost like a used car and had every component, every jot and tittle, specifically chosen by me, based on consultation, consideration, and years of experience, all the way down to the brand of pins used and the angle and number of the cocking serrations, and now I'm carrying some disposable plastic wheelchock that could be fed into a wood chipper and replaced with any one of a quarter dozen different brands tomorrow without me caring the slightest. I hate you all.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

M&P 9f without any accuracy problems, and a Gadget.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Ideal pistol?

Since first posting here, I have gone from a bespoke personal weapon which cost like a used car and had every component, every jot and tittle, specifically chosen by me, based on consultation, consideration, and years of experience, all the way down to the brand of pins used and the angle and number of the cocking serrations, and now I'm carrying some disposable plastic wheelchock that could be fed into a wood chipper and replaced with any one of a quarter dozen different brands tomorrow without me caring the slightest. I hate you all.
    New motto: pistol-forum.com slaughtering sacred cows since 2011
    Taking a break from social media.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    New motto: pistol-forum.com slaughtering sacred cows since 2011
    I haven't had any sacred cows slaughtered. I just don't like pistols anymore.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Plastic takes the joy out of everything.

*everything.*
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Uh...I'd have to disagree, for AIWB try a thumb on top of a hammer in the down position where the weapon is realistically incapable of firing, even if something mechanical were to fail or not be fully engaged.

Many hammered DA weapons can also have a manual safety equipped, with an assortment of them being ergonomic.
    Uh...I'd have to disagree, for AIWB try a thumb blocking cocked hammer from falling down on 1911 so the weapon is realistically incapable of firing, while ergonomic thumb safety does its job, while no less ergonomic grip safety does its job

For me, out of current options available, my 1911s, even accepting known limitations. An ideal pistol would be likely an M&P if it were built by H&K and had a Gadget on it.

P.S. Seriously, I find no difference in personal safety when carrying my P30 or my 1911s in AIWB.
    Last edited by YVK; 01-18-2012 at 12:26 AM.

double

Ideal pistol?

I haven't had any sacred cows slaughtered. I just don't like pistols anymore.

Pretty much the same thing hit me a few years back. What a blow it was to my ego defined by what the perfect 1911 was supposed to be.

I thought I'd get back my falsely boosted ego with cool knives but it's happening again!

Is there no hope?

HK P30 v4 lem heine qwik straight eights

It also has been proven to be very reliable and comes highly recommended by people that are far more knowledgeable about these things then I am I will choose to defer to there wise judgement.Also I have now fired a substantial amount more ammo through it then any other platforms I have owned (I sold them to buy more ammo). So my confidence and ability is much higher with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nar472; 01-18-2012 at 01:44 AM.
    "We should never despair, our situation before has been unpromising and has changed for the better, so I trust, it will again. If new difficulties arise, we must only put forth new exertions and proportion our efforts to the exigency of the times." --George Washington, letter to Philip Schuyler, 1777

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Uh...I'd have to disagree, for AIWB try a thumb blocking cocked hammer from falling down on 1911 so the weapon is realistically incapable of firing, while ergonomic thumb safety does its job, while no less ergonomic grip safety does its job
    Thumb a DA hammer with a manual safety. You should be in heaven with a P30s or HK45 in LEM!
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List