Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skyrim

Skyrim

Well, apparently Todd's been playing it based on his location. Anyone else?

I'm currently level 51, maxed out archery/heavy armor/smithing/enchanting. Pretty damn close with one handed and I spent some time buffing up destruction too. Sneak is getting up there too, love the damage bonus with archery. Haven't really done much on the main quest though, I think I'm on the 3rd hold to liberate.
    All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by DonovanM View Post
    Well, apparently Todd's been playing it based on his location. Anyone else?

I'm currently level 51, maxed out archery/heavy armor/smithing/enchanting. Pretty damn close with one handed and I spent some time buffing up destruction too. Sneak is getting up there too, love the damage bonus with archery. Haven't really done much on the main quest though, I think I'm on the 3rd hold to liberate.
    Haven't played in a few weeks, been busy. Already killed 6 or 7 dragons. The "speech" skills are pretty handy. I love the sneak skill. Anytime I get close to a corner where there's an enemy and I'm undetected... I just crouch and walk around for a minute or two for more sneaky points.

Man I'm a nerd.

Don't remember what level I am, haven't played in a while...

Sneak/Archery/Destro/Lockpicking/Light Armor/One Handed/Resto?

Somewhere around level 30 I think...It's great

I kind of stopped playing when a dragon dropping out of the sky spitting fire was no longer terrifying.
    I don't understand what's happening, but I have a soldering iron.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by derekb View Post
    I kind of stopped playing when a dragon dropping out of the sky spitting fire was no longer terrifying.
    So... that's right at the beginning. Dragons just aren't very dangerous in the game. I've never lost to one, though admittedly I just play on normal difficulty. There are far more dangerous foes, especially if you have something like Berserker Rage to use as an easy button when things go sideways.

I haven't played the game in a few weeks but had three toons of note:

1. Orc, my starting toon, a bit of a hodgepodge of skills but primarily 2H/Heavy/Armorer. Finished the main storyline with him, the Empire side of the civil war, plus most of the Companions quests. Level 40-something.

2. Altmer, 1H/Light/Restoration/Alteration plus armor and enchant. Did most of the College quests and some of the main storyline. Level 30-something.

3. Redguard, 1H/Block/Heavy plus armor and enchant. Don't remember where I left him off but only into the high teens or low 20's and not far along any of the quest lines.

How do you people have time for this? I don't mean that as a knock, it's just...doesn't all that leveling take time?

I played Oblivion and if the leveling and gameplay system works alike it doesn't really matter what enemy you come across because they will always be within a few levels of you.

I wonder if anyone has created new content that probably creates more of a challenge out of the dragons.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    How do you people have time for this?
    I take all the time I might otherwise videotape myself driving aimlessly around town and instead play XBOX.

Seriously, the game has been out for more than two months. For folks who play rather than watch television the typical 2.7hr per day that's 200 hours. The folks who've responded to this thread probably don't have close to half that many hours invested.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I take all the time I might otherwise videotape myself driving aimlessly around town and instead play XBOX.

Seriously, the game has been out for more than two months. For folks who play rather than watch television the typical 2.7hr per day that's 200 hours. The folks who've responded to this thread probably don't have close to half that many hours invested.

I bought it the day it came out and I've got a whopping 16 hours into it. I also skip the TV, except when Big Bang Theory is on because Penny is a hottie.

Haven't tried Skyrim yet as I'm still playing WoW. Anyone else similarly afflicted?

User Tag List