Thread: Jet Loader detailing

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"

Jet Loader detailing

I got lucky and a couple of K frame Jet Loaders came up on fleabay with a good BIN price.

Was trying them out last night, and some of the snap cap rims would tend to stick in the loader and be pulled out of the cylinder a little bit as the loader came away.

I didn't make the connection initially, but my OCD noticed that the edges of the holes in the body of the loader where the cartridges go were a little ragged. Combination of molding flash and wear made a rough little lip there. I shaved around the edges just the slightest chamfer with an X-acto knife and then finished with some well-worn 320 grit sandpaper. The plastic is a glass-reinforced material, which makes it stiff and works cleanly without having to chase whiskers. Left a nice, smooth edge.

Tried it again with the snap caps, and Jet Loader came away from the rims cleanly, leaving them all fully inserted.

I guess that technically makes this a high-speed, low-drag detail for your Jet Loaders.

As far as an overall product review, I've used Safariland Type 2 previously. I really prefer the way the Jet Loaders authoritatively snap the cartridges into the cylinder. So yeah, I'll continue to buy any that I see for cheap.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I use the Safariland Comp 3 loaders. I cut them down to let the cartridge release easier and sooner. You can see them in my avatar. I have to use a loading block to put cartridges in the loader. They are still secure and I would use them for carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    I use the Safariland Comp 3 loaders. I cut them down to let the cartridge release easier and sooner. You can see them in my avatar. I have to use a loading block to put cartridges in the loader. They are still secure and I would use them for carry.
    Please, elaborate?
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I don't have time right now, but go to the Brian Enos forum in the revolver section and do a search.Use Bubber, speedloader cut down or a combination. There are instructions there but they are pretty far back. Several years. Might use my name also. I'll try to find more later.

Last edited by Lon; 10-12-2017 at 11:12 AM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

http://forums.brianenos.com/topic/27...comment-319653

Here's a link to a discussion about cutting down speed loaders.

Here's a picture of cut down and not cut Comp III.

Name:  IMG_1616.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  49.8 KB

Thanks guys.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Not a terrible price for Jet Loaders.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jet-Loader-...a/223695222905
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List