Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: South Florida USPSA club that allows AIWB usage

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    So as an update, just came back from a small match at Homestead Training Center. There was only about 8 other dudes that showed up with only 3 that were also shooting limited, nothing too crazy. RO was cool with me using AIWB and another guy said he will speak with South Florida Pistol Club on the whole "can't do AIWB here" thingy.
    Glad to hear that!

USPSA is pretty fun and it's crazy how hard it actually is when you're doing it and not watching some video of a M/GM on Youtube burning a stage down.
    QFT! I completely agree. To simply navigate about a stage under any time pressure at all, and shoot good points, is a huge task unto itself.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Glad to hear that!

QFT! I completely agree. To simply navigate about a stage under any time pressure at all, and shoot good points, is a huge task unto itself.
    Ditto. USPSA was probably one of my biggest drivers in improving my shooting. When I got into 2-gun, it made the rifle stuff feel like I was cheating. And IDPA . . . forget about it. Sadly it's been a few years since I shot a match (life happens, unfortunately) but I'm looking to get back into in earnest over the next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    USPSA was probably one of my biggest drivers in improving my shooting.
    Same here. Trying to place well in overall match results is a readily available, no bs, shooting challenge related directly to the disciplined application of skill (on-demand shooting.) A match won't let me kid myself about how I did...
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

So as an update, just came back from a small match at Homestead Training Center. There was only about 8 other dudes that showed up with only 3 that were also shooting limited, nothing too crazy. RO was cool with me using AIWB and another guy said he will speak with South Florida Pistol Club on the whole "can't do AIWB here" thingy.

USPSA is pretty fun and it's crazy how hard it actually is when you're doing it and not watching some video of a M/GM on Youtube burning a stage down.
    I'm glad to hear you made it to Homestead. The owner there is an acquaintance and I've been really happy to see everything he's accomplished there. Unfortunately I've never been able to make it down there way as it's quite the haul from north palm Beach county.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'm glad to hear you made it to Homestead. The owner there is an acquaintance and I've been really happy to see everything he's accomplished there. Unfortunately I've never been able to make it down there way as it's quite the haul from north palm Beach county.
    Homestead's range is pretty nice, took a Langdon class there a few weeks ago. I might get a membership there so I can finally shoot my AR at their long distance range and for some other stuff.

I found out I wasn't working today so I went to South Florida Pistol Club and spoke with some dudes there; they told me AIWB is fine but I had to run it with my shirt tucked in but then I later spoke with the head safety director which resulted in the ok to shoot from concealment. Only thing I had to compromise on was keeping my gun exposed when I wasn't shooting which I was fine with. So that club and AIWB is ok, for those who are around the area and were wondering.

Only thing I had to compromise on was keeping my gun exposed when I wasn't shooting
    That's a really odd request, really...

Baffled.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    That's a really odd request, really...

Baffled.
    They wanted to be able to see that I didn't have a mag loaded in my gun. Ya know those darn Darkstar holsters have a tendency of loading a round up and firing the gun when it's holstered.

I was just happy I was able to compete from concealment but getting a "I don't like those appendix holsters because it's dangerous" from an old guy that was wearing a Serpa almost made me laugh.

They wanted to be able to see that I didn't have a mag loaded in my gun. Ya know those darn Darkstar holsters have a tendency of loading a round up and firing the gun when it's holstered.

I was just happy I was able to compete from concealment but getting a "I don't like those appendix holsters because it's dangerous" from an old guy that was wearing a Serpa almost made me laugh.
    LOL...
    Sigh...

Ignoring the ever ubiquitous range derp is an important skill itself.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Minor items and baby steps. Glad you found a range that does it. Finally in larger local matches, but I've not seen anyone competing with this type of holster yet.

User Tag List