Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: South Florida USPSA club that allows AIWB usage

We have a couple local ranges where the clubs operating the pistol matches are separate entities and are forced to deal with range rules that may not jive completely with sanctioning organizations. It hasn't been an issue to that level for us, but I can envision a situation where an IDPA or USPSA club may be forced to comply with private range rules, with the alternative being no matches.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    We have a couple local ranges where the clubs operating the pistol matches are separate entities and are forced to deal with range rules that may not jive completely with sanctioning organizations. It hasn't been an issue to that level for us, but I can envision a situation where an IDPA or USPSA club may be forced to comply with private range rules, with the alternative being no matches.
    An impasse like that happened here at a big outdoor club, but it was over another club-specific rule (no muzzle of loaded gun allowed over the berm because of populated area surrounding the club.) I get the club's position (in that case I get it a whole lot more than an AIWB prohibition.) And I get USPSA's position (must have consistent rule set across competitions.) And unfortunately, never the twain shall meet, so that club now has an outlaw practical pistol match instead of USPSA. And I go to a different club to shoot matches because I want to shoot official USPSA. Bummer all around!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

In any event, USPSA is not a draw intensive shooting sport, with so many alternative start positions (hands up, down, table starts, etc.), that I would not let a holster influence my decision to participate.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

If I were you I'd avoid that cesspool and drive to OKC, Malabar, Volusia, or Universal. Heck, drive straight across and shoot at WAC. There are a lot of awesome clubs in Florida. Don't be afraid to drive. I used to travel five hours round-trip for less than five minutes of shooting. Every weekend.

Its a little ambiguous, although I think I know what they mean to say. However, they should say it. "Gun belt on the strong side..." Perhaps they mean to say holstered on the strong side.

If they're specifically banning an approved method of carry in USPSA and holding USPSA matches they can get fucked, that should have been considered when they became affiliated. USPSA is excellent because the rules are as close to identical as they can be across the entire country and abroad.

If I show up to a club and stuff like that is going on I don't come back. Got no time for backwater outlaw and surprise fudd rules.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by GunRacer View Post
    If I were you I'd avoid that cesspool and drive to OKC, Malabar, Volusia, or Universal. Heck, drive straight across and shoot at WAC. There are a lot of awesome clubs in Florida. Don't be afraid to drive. I used to travel five hours round-trip for less than five minutes of shooting. Every weekend.
    Greatly appreciate the suggestions! I will definately check those places out

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    Greatly appreciate the suggestions! I will definately check those places out
    I'll be back in Tampa for the winter in November. My local range is Wyoming Antelope Club. I plan to resume regular attendance at matches there over the next five months.

If you ever attend a match at WAC, give me a buzz, I'd be glad to squad up with you, bearing in mind I'm shooting as a Senior U shooter in Production.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I'll be back in Tampa for the winter in November. My local range is Wyoming Antelope Club. I plan to resume regular attendance at matches there over the next five months.

If you ever attend a match at WAC, give me a buzz, I'd be glad to squad up with you, bearing in mind I'm shooting as a Senior U shooter in Production.

Rich
    I'll let you know if I ever visit WAC. Since I AIWB, chances are I won't be shooting production rather limited/limited 10.

So as an update, just came back from a small match at Homestead Training Center. There was only about 8 other dudes that showed up with only 3 that were also shooting limited, nothing too crazy. RO was cool with me using AIWB and another guy said he will speak with South Florida Pistol Club on the whole "can't do AIWB here" thingy.

USPSA is pretty fun and it's crazy how hard it actually is when you're doing it and not watching some video of a M/GM on Youtube burning a stage down.

User Tag List