Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: South Florida USPSA club that allows AIWB usage

South Florida USPSA club that allows AIWB usage

Does anyone know of any decent clubs that let you use appendix? There's South Florida pistol club but they restrict appendix for whatever reason. It's a fairly big club from what I hear but they don't let people compete AIWB. I've been putting off competing for the entire year because I want to compete soley with AIWB.

Interesting. Never been to a USPSA club since that banned AIWB.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    Does anyone know of any decent clubs that let you use appendix? There's South Florida pistol club but they restrict appendix for whatever reason. It's a fairly big club from what I hear but they don't let people compete AIWB. I've been putting off competing for the entire year because I want to compete soley with AIWB.
    AIWB is not against USPSA rules. You may need to notify USPSA HQ.
    #RESIST

Can't disagree with LL here, although if you haven't already, you might try politely informing the club in question that their restriction goes against the rulebook, and that you'd appreciate being allowed to compete from AIWB. If that fails/already failed, then yeah, contact USPSA HQ; while the club in question might resent you for it, you'll at least be doing something good for others in the future.

Site Supporter
    It looks like it's in SFPC's specific bylaws.

Kind of sucks, that's the club that's closest to me as well and I've been looking to get back into USPSA and South Florida is just not that conducive to it.

If I had to guess, it has something to do with Markham Park and some rule about using the range there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    It looks like it's in SFPC's specific bylaws.

Kind of sucks, that's the club that's closest to me as well and I've been looking to get back into USPSA and South Florida is just not that conducive to it.

If I had to guess, it has something to do with Markham Park and some rule about using the range there.

A few weeks back I spoke with some guy who shoots with SFPC at the range I frequent and he said AIWB is allowed for practice matches and he told me he sees people draw from appendix all the time there however you were not allowed to compete AIWB. I'll probably do what LL suggested but I did email who I assume is the director of the club about letting me demonstrate safety in a practice match.

There is the Homestead Training Center, they charge $35 per USPSA match for non members but if you are a member there, it's $25 a match but the annual membership fee is something like $200...
    Last edited by Olim9; 10-11-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Ratting out a club to HQ for an issue like this is gayer than aids.

I also wouldn’t let my chosen method of ninja carry prevent me from getting out and shooting a game.

SFPC is a great club that does a lot given the restrictions of their home range. Stop worrying about holster placement nonsense and go shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Ratting out a club to HQ for an issue like this is gayer than aids.
    If the club doesn't comply with the rules of the game, then why should the club expect the shooters to comply with the rules?

I also wouldn’t let my chosen method of ninja carry prevent me from getting out and shooting a game.
    That part, at least, we agree on.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    SFPC is a great club that does a lot given the restrictions of their home range. Stop worrying about holster placement nonsense and go shoot.
    That's the impression I've gotten. Markham seems a bit . . . stringent with their rules (at least compared to where I shot up in AL) but it's understandable given their situation. So them trying to make sure all their bases and butts are covered is to be expected.

I still want to get out there for a match at some point. The rust is so thick I need a 3# sledge to knock it off.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Are we talking about a USPSA match, or another kind of competition? If it's USPSA, the club isn't allowed to prohibit AIWB in a Division where it's otherwise legal (Open, Limited, and Limited-10.)
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List