Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W Governor

.410 revolver
    Big, black, bulgy, bulky, dumb
    Dipshit carry gun

That being said, I'd love to try out a .410 sixgun in the backyard. A friend has a Bond Arms "Snake Charmer" which is great fun, if largely free of practical use.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Friends in Montana, the wife carried a Judge with shot as a grizzly bear defensive gun. I did my best to explain to her why that was not a good choice.
    Gads.

I ran into a couple doing outdoors contract work, I informed them of recent grizzly activity right in the area they were working towards. they commented about having judges and slug loads, so they werent too worried. I mentioned the wonderful effect they had on snakes, but comparative wimpiness of the slug loads compared to anything actually useful, like even 45 Colt loads, they thought a minute, then mentioned they had a short 12 ga pump gun with slugs in camp and they thought maybe theyd go get it.

Ive had pretty fair results with 38, 44 and 45 colt and auto loads on snakes, I havent felt much draw to one of the 410 revolvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
    Are you always such a ray of sunshine? My grandkids are only a few months old and I don’t think they can do it. Don’t tell me how to handle guns, OK. I was probably handling guns when you were kicking slats out the cradle.. Gezz..
    Maybe, but I have seen the results when some dumbass left a gun where a child could reach it because he thought they weren't strong enough to pull the trigger, or because he thought they couldn't figure out how to disengage a manual safety, or because he thought it was hidden well enough the kid would never find it, or because he put it up high on a shelf out of the child's reach. I guess I'm just pro-kids and anti-dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Kokopelli, I do hope you’ve enjoyed your time here as much as I have.
    Anyone that uses the name of a Trickster God/Demi-God/Folk Hero as their screen name...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Is there a speed record for going “from zero to lockout”?

Inquiring minds, etc.....
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Is there a speed record for going “from zero to lockout”?

Inquiring minds, etc.....
    Do you mean with .410 revolvers or forum membership? Anybody have a shot timer handy?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Truth. I am so freaking tired of the "I've been around guns my whole life" bullshit. Guess what dipshit, you've been doing it wrong your entire life and somehow, despite your own ignorance, and good luck, have managed not to kill yourself or anyone else for that matter.
    When ever I hear that phrase, I know they are going to be ignorant. I've been around cars all my life. Obviously I am now an expert.

Never mind the fellow half my age who is trained and certified as a mechanic or the kid a quarter my age who has been racing karts under professional coaches since he could barely walk are way better in their areas then I am. Been around them my whole life...

People who know what they are doing don't hang their hat on being around something...
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 04-09-2018 at 09:32 AM.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I actually use the phrase "I have been around guns all my life"... but it is followed by "and you would not believe how much can go so wrong, so fast, if you aren't paying attention to safety"...

I was at my LGS just last month when they had an ND into the floor... by an employee. No one hurt, but damn was that bang loud, and was that room silent for about 10 seconds. And then the Owner of the place let fly with many a choice word for that employee.

Bad stuff can happen to ANY of us regardless of how long we have been around guns. Complacency can kill.

I doubt we will miss the wisdom of "Kokopelli" too much....
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Since our new friend Kokopelli doesn’t understand exactly how all this works and responded to the quote notification email (which goes to webmaster@pistol-forum.com and not the person who quoted him) instead of responding to the thread, I’ll do him the courtesy of posting his reply to SWAT Lt.:

Kokopelli, I do hope you’ve enjoyed your time here as much as I have.

I love your work
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I doubt we will miss the wisdom of "Kokopelli" too much....
    When the God Kokopelli isn't making unmarried teenaged girls pregnant, he plays golf.

There's a wicked Trump joke in there, somewhere......
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List